Izzy gave herself a haircut! Eek!!

Well, the dreaded childhood haircut has officially happened in the Stewart household. So, so SAD!


Izzy chopped up her hair herself today. I have to say minus the left side, where she took a whopping 10" chunk off, she did a decent job though. She actually managed to put some sort of gradual layering in it.
We knew she wanted her bangs cut, and had been talking about cutting her hair all week. So we talked about growing her bangs out in stead. We bought headbands and clips and new hair products to help the curl.

But we didn't trim her bangs. Our mistake. Izzy took things into her own hands after we didn't listen to her. 
 I walked in the playroom to see her trimming her horses' hair, and noticed her little pixie bangs in front. I fussed at her for a second, then got silent when I noticed the rest of the damage. She just responded with a "Sorry, I cut my hair."

I was pretty upset and ended up crying myself. I cried hard. To the point where Robert walked in from work and saw the two of us crying and asked who had died.
Izzy asked for a bag to put on her head. We didn't allow that, so she walked around with a blanket on her head for a bit.
I am not sure why I took it so hard, but I really loved her pretty, long curls and so did everyone else. She has the prettiest hair.
At least she can make any messed up haircut look cute.
She is rocking her self-given 80's feathery hairstyle. 
You can see the large 10" difference here.
I called our hairdresser, Shelli & explained Izzy's shenanigans and got an appointment...thankfully Shelli was able to work some magic and help disguise the crazy new 'do! (Shelli was actually impressed with her skills and was good at reassuring me it wasn't THAT bad!)

Pre-Cut

Izzy was so proud of getting her hair cut to her shoulders. She was braver than me!
Admiring her new style. She was happy with it!
5" off her length. Just Added lots of layers and will have to keep her left side trimmed up.
Before & After. 

It quickly grew on me. So thankful. Because I was pretty upset.

 The joys and surprises of motherhood never seem to end.


Update: She and I both (And Daddy, who washes her hair everytime) like the hairstyle, because it's much easier to manage! Mim & Papa sent this sweet Snow White dress for her as she is now a "shorter-haired" princess. She is naturally adorable in it.


Comments

  1. I'm glad you took the time to document this (after calming down). It's pretty funny that Robert thought someone had died! I can't wait to see what kind of pixie cut she ends up with! Hang in there, I know the other day was a tough one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have a daughter, but I would likely have reacted the same way. HUGS to you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys, for the support & encouragment. I suppose it's a right of passage for all girls. Just really caught me off guard. It really could have been MUCH worse, so all's well!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever