Easter 2015

The kids were so excited this morning to wake up and "find" what the Eater Bunny had in store for them. They both had fun baskets full of little gifts they have been asking for. All in all, they are good kids, but mostly I like spoiling them - especially on the holidays. So had to keep that tradition going! :)


Izzy was really wanting the movie, BigHero6 and some swimming things.
Levi was all about TMNT this year. It has really been interesting to see him getting into more "big boy" interests/toys.


They both really enjoy watching YouTube videos about surprise eggs - just people opening egg after egg with little toys and showing them the toys. (I find it weird, but you can really get into watching those things!) So I tried to get as many eggs as I could so they could re-enact those videos and have fun with them for more than a few hours. (Izzy did do the Izzy and Mommy show, which I filmed her opening a few eggs.) Pop Rocks were another special treat they both got. They both just think they are hilarious to put in their mouths.


We then got dressed in our Sunday Best and headed to Church. I actually put in my contacts AND wore make-up. I think I surprised over 75% of the church by doing so. May need to do that more often.


After Church service, we headed out to Lake Talquin - Bma & Poppy's house.
Of course, being on the lake, Izzy is always ready to fish and Levi always wants to go out on Poppy's boat. Bma knows Izzy well - they are like kindred spirits. She had arranged for Izzy to color a bunch of real Easter eggs before we hid them. Sadly, my kids only wanted the colorful plastic eggs, that were full of candy we they went out to hunt them. Cousin Chason, didn't seem to mind the real ones though. It was funny to watch the kids looking for eggs - they all seemed to gravitate to the lakes edge, making all the grown ups a bit nervous!


It was nice to see all our FL (Roberts') family together. We actually don't all get together too often. The kids have a good time playing with family and get pretty hyper (showing out a bit)...but we still had a good time.


I finished our busy day out by working all night, but thankfully most of my coworkers threw together a yummy potluck to enjoy while delivering lots of sweet babies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever