Izzy-isms
Most kids, including our Levi, don't just make words up if they do not know the name of something. Most kids say something like, "what's-that-called" mid-sentence.
Izzy, however, being ever-confident will just improvise words and say whatever sounds like it/or whatever comes to mind. I thought she would have grown out of this quirky habit, but we continue to laugh daily about her funny vocabulary.
Lately, I die every time I hear her sing the books of the B-I-B-L-E! Her version of the he books of the Bible/Old Testament is the FUNNIEST thing ever!
Since she was 2, she has been saying:
Izzy's version: Can I watch a commer-CHIN-NAL?
She means: Can I watch a commercial?
When She was 3, she said
Izzy's version: Mom, I need my GOBBLES for swimming.
She means: Mom, I need my goggles for swimming.
Izzy's version: You are making me NERVOUS
She means: You are getting on my nerves
Izzy's version: FIRE-SUBWAY is the best.
She means: Firehouse is the best.
Izzy's version: We KISS you a Merry Christmas
She means: We Wish you a Merry Christmas
She means: Can we go to OLD MACDONALDs?
Izzy's version: Can we go to McDonalds?
And this year she has been saying these phrases...
When she sings the Father Abraham song:
Izzy's version: Let's all PLAY ALONG.
She means: Let's all Praise the Lord.
When saying her books of the Bible
Izzy's version: Psalms, PROBLEMS, Ecclesiastes
She means: Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes
Izzy's version: May I please have more COO-COO?
She means: May I please have more cous-cous?
Izzy's version: Wood-LOG-gate is our neighborhood.
She means: Woodgate is our neighborhood.
Izzy's version: May I have another BACK of bones?
She means: May I have another rack of bones?
Izzy's version: I want to watch the fox and the HOWLER
She means: I want to watch the fox and the hound
Izzy's version: My tooth fell out when I was eating Pine-APPLE SEEDS.
She means: My tooth fell out when I was eating Pine nuts,
Levi's version: I was eating PINE-CONE nuts too!
I will have to keep adding to this post. I love and treasure all the cute sayings Izzy and Levi have!
Izzy, however, being ever-confident will just improvise words and say whatever sounds like it/or whatever comes to mind. I thought she would have grown out of this quirky habit, but we continue to laugh daily about her funny vocabulary.
Lately, I die every time I hear her sing the books of the B-I-B-L-E! Her version of the he books of the Bible/Old Testament is the FUNNIEST thing ever!
Since she was 2, she has been saying:
Izzy's version: Can I watch a commer-CHIN-NAL?
She means: Can I watch a commercial?
When She was 3, she said
Izzy's version: Mom, I need my GOBBLES for swimming.
She means: Mom, I need my goggles for swimming.
Izzy's version: You are making me NERVOUS
She means: You are getting on my nerves
Izzy's version: FIRE-SUBWAY is the best.
She means: Firehouse is the best.
Izzy's version: We KISS you a Merry Christmas
She means: We Wish you a Merry Christmas
She means: Can we go to OLD MACDONALDs?
Izzy's version: Can we go to McDonalds?
And this year she has been saying these phrases...
When she sings the Father Abraham song:
Izzy's version: Let's all PLAY ALONG.
She means: Let's all Praise the Lord.
When saying her books of the Bible
Izzy's version: Psalms, PROBLEMS, Ecclesiastes
She means: Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes
Izzy's version: May I please have more COO-COO?
She means: May I please have more cous-cous?
Izzy's version: Wood-LOG-gate is our neighborhood.
She means: Woodgate is our neighborhood.
Izzy's version: May I have another BACK of bones?
She means: May I have another rack of bones?
Izzy's version: I want to watch the fox and the HOWLER
She means: I want to watch the fox and the hound
Izzy's version: My tooth fell out when I was eating Pine-APPLE SEEDS.
She means: My tooth fell out when I was eating Pine nuts,
Levi's version: I was eating PINE-CONE nuts too!
I will have to keep adding to this post. I love and treasure all the cute sayings Izzy and Levi have!
Love the Izzy-isms. Kids really do say the darndest things. Jack calls McDonalds "Old McDonalds" too. My favorite is the "You're making me nervous" and "Psalms, Problems, Ecclesiastes." I hope you write down more of these. I love to read what the kids are saying and you will be glad you have a record of it when they are older!
ReplyDelete