Poor Izzy

Today has been a long day for all of us, but it ended with Izzy having an unfortunate mishap, followed by us snuggling on the couch and both of us being medicated (hopefully we will feel better and rest well too).

After dinner, we were hanging out with Uncle Mark when Izzy decided to get some books off the big bookshelf in the living room. Izzy was mad that I took them away, and I was putting those books away, I turned around to see 2 dark objects on the floor, close to Izzy. About the time I realized they were WASPS, Izzy stood right smack on top on one! I barely got to her to lift her foot off, but it was too late, Izzy got her first wasp sting in the worst place - bottom of the ball of her foot. For Izzy that's a terrible place because she is ALWAYS running around, and the sting left her unable to do so. She had no idea what had happened, but she was very upset.

We tried a few things - Ice, pickle juice, after bite medicine, but it wasn't until I stuck Izzy's feet in a sink of cold water and she found our toothpaste that she stopped crying. We gave her bath, and then snuggled on the couch watching baby einsteins for the rest of the evening. At first, she kept squirming around, trying to run away, but as soon as she stood on her foot, she'd give a wimper, try to walk on her toes then just cry some more. It was soooo sad to watch. I gave her some benadryl and motrin to hopefully help her pain and let her sleep. Soon after that, she was able to drift off to sleep in her daddy's arms. Putting her to bed was the easist part of our crazy day which started with me waking up Robert at 2am after I came home with a migraine. So Robert has been taking care of both his ladies and I am recovering from my migraine and working 3 nights with no where near enough sleep.
Hopefully tomorrow will be less eventful and Izzy will be able to walk/run/climb again soon!
We are looking forward to having Grammy, Grandpa, Cheree & Daniel come visit for the LONG weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever