Easter Day & Exciting News



For Easter this year, my family was all together here. We were glad to host everyone and it was nice to catch up after a few months apart. It used to seem like such a huge deal to accomplish that but these days we are able to get together more and more. Izzy was very happy to have lots of people, activities and excitement around her for the whole weekend too!

Easter egg hunt #3 went about how the other two went! she remains an Easter Egg snob! So we all sat and watched her go throughout the ENTIRE yard looking for good candy. It was so humid out that I opted not to put much chocolate candy out there (to Izzy's dismay). But when I announced the cadburry eggs & reeces eggs were hidden in the large eggs, everyone went running to get the good stuff - I guess Izzy comes by her snobbery towards good candy naturally!
Everyone pitched in their guidance of where the eggs were - Izzy ignored us all.
Seeing if gummy bears are worth keeping.
Everyone started to give up that she would actually COLLECT any eggs...
Cheree & Daniel off to find the good stuff!

Deciding if Peeps are worth eating.

Gosh, I didn't think she'd be so crazy about candy! I think next Easter we'll just have to limit her candy intake so she doesn't get so obsessed with it!


We decided to take more family pictures while Izzy continued to eat candy.
Mark & Mom
Izzy didn't want to participate in formal pictures of course....
Uncle Mark & IzIz (his nickname for Izzy)
Izzy was not impressed when we asked her to sit (and took away candy for a minute)
But I still managed to get a cute grin out of her
She is the sweetest thing and I can't get enough of her smiles & laughs!

...And the EXCITING News is - Izzy is going to be a cousin! My sister and her husband announced they are expecting this November. 11-11-11 actually, and as an L&D RN I'm so proud of her cool due date! We were taking a family photo (we try to each time all 8 of us are there) and Cheree said I'm Pregnant (after the first of 6 photo snaps) I was thrilled/laughing and of course we are all excited for them! Dad and Mark grinned extra, but Mom sat there smiling for the camera - thinking it was a cute way to get us to smile, not a real announcement! Izzy has no clue obviously, but as much as she loves babies, she is gonna love having a cousin soon, I know!
Congratulations Cheree & Daniel! We are so EXCITED for you!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever