We officially have a Kindergartener!!
Izzy and Levi started back to school today! And that means we officially have a kid in Kindergarten! It was a pretty exciting day for them as they love to spend their time with other children and have as much time playing as possible.
It started out a bit hectic with me getting off work and home by 7:00am (A record for me in Tallahassee) It was then a mad rush to get all them all ready for school, have breakfast, finish lunch prep, feed, dress kids, do their (Izzy's) hair, and of course take pictures!
Izzy was ready to go to school from the minute she woke up. She had picked out an outifit at Target for her first day and dressed herself first thing when getting up. She then told us she didn't have time to eat breakfast because she didn't want to be late for Kindergarten...Or brush her hair Or take pictures. We managed to get them all set, and Mommy and Daddy both got to take her into her class. Izzy told us at the end of the building that she remembered where her class was and she didn't need us to go. I asked if we could anyways, and she said yes, as long as she could find her door first. We gave her hugs outside the class (she did remember her room of course) and then watched her go in. Everyone in her class looked quiet and timid, but no tears for anyone it seemed. Izzy walked in like she owned the place and sat down by a little girl and started talking her ear off about their outfits. We didnt stay long, but I watched a minute through the window and the two girls kept a lively conversation going while all the other little ones just sat quietly. I have a feeling she will be the class chatterbox! I thought I would cry, but mostly I was happy for her and since she wasn't nervous, I had no reason to be nervous either.
When I picked Izzy up, she was all smiles. I asked if she had a good day, she responded with "No, I had a greaaat day!" She talked the most about P.E class and her coach, who was "an old guy, but not like Grandpa's because he had a beard. Apparently, baskbetball, jumping jacks, and skipping rope was lots of fun! She also mentioned she didn't get to finish her lunch in the cafeteria because she was "too busy telling jokes" to her.
Little man, Levi got to start at his Preschool 2's class as well today. He also seemed thrilled with the idea -the only hiccup of the whole morning was having the kids say goodbye to each other at the house and Levi wasn't thrilled that he wasn't going to be at Izzy's school with her. He got nervous at the last minute as he entered, but then went on in to have a good day (according to the director and one of his teachers). He came home saying he had a fun day, had on the same dry underware, the same clothes and an empty lunchbox - so while I dont know all the details, it seems like he did in fact have a good day. Aunt MerMer was gracious enough to pick him up so I could sleep an hour longer too!
When I got to finally get to bed, I was exhausted but yet wide awake, and I laid there worried for a few minutes about all the "what ifs" and possible bad case scenarios, but quickly tucked those thoughts away. I had a hard time falling asleep, but eventually managed to. While I am a full time working mom, I have been fortunate enough to spend the majority of the week also being a full time mom as well...Having minimal childcare for me to sleep while I work nights hasn't been easy, and I have been tired, but it has been worth it to spend all this time doing fun things with them. It wont be the same having the kids gone 5 days a week, but we are in a new season in life and I know we will find a way to have fun adventures and experiences with this new routine/schedule too.
I am forever grateful that they are both excited about school and look forward to seeing them learn and grow a lot this year. Also, both kids have really wonderful, sweet teachers and I am confident the kids are in good hands. It's gonna be a good year!
It started out a bit hectic with me getting off work and home by 7:00am (A record for me in Tallahassee) It was then a mad rush to get all them all ready for school, have breakfast, finish lunch prep, feed, dress kids, do their (Izzy's) hair, and of course take pictures!
Izzy was ready to go to school from the minute she woke up. She had picked out an outifit at Target for her first day and dressed herself first thing when getting up. She then told us she didn't have time to eat breakfast because she didn't want to be late for Kindergarten...Or brush her hair Or take pictures. We managed to get them all set, and Mommy and Daddy both got to take her into her class. Izzy told us at the end of the building that she remembered where her class was and she didn't need us to go. I asked if we could anyways, and she said yes, as long as she could find her door first. We gave her hugs outside the class (she did remember her room of course) and then watched her go in. Everyone in her class looked quiet and timid, but no tears for anyone it seemed. Izzy walked in like she owned the place and sat down by a little girl and started talking her ear off about their outfits. We didnt stay long, but I watched a minute through the window and the two girls kept a lively conversation going while all the other little ones just sat quietly. I have a feeling she will be the class chatterbox! I thought I would cry, but mostly I was happy for her and since she wasn't nervous, I had no reason to be nervous either.
When I picked Izzy up, she was all smiles. I asked if she had a good day, she responded with "No, I had a greaaat day!" She talked the most about P.E class and her coach, who was "an old guy, but not like Grandpa's because he had a beard. Apparently, baskbetball, jumping jacks, and skipping rope was lots of fun! She also mentioned she didn't get to finish her lunch in the cafeteria because she was "too busy telling jokes" to her.
Little man, Levi got to start at his Preschool 2's class as well today. He also seemed thrilled with the idea -the only hiccup of the whole morning was having the kids say goodbye to each other at the house and Levi wasn't thrilled that he wasn't going to be at Izzy's school with her. He got nervous at the last minute as he entered, but then went on in to have a good day (according to the director and one of his teachers). He came home saying he had a fun day, had on the same dry underware, the same clothes and an empty lunchbox - so while I dont know all the details, it seems like he did in fact have a good day. Aunt MerMer was gracious enough to pick him up so I could sleep an hour longer too!
When I got to finally get to bed, I was exhausted but yet wide awake, and I laid there worried for a few minutes about all the "what ifs" and possible bad case scenarios, but quickly tucked those thoughts away. I had a hard time falling asleep, but eventually managed to. While I am a full time working mom, I have been fortunate enough to spend the majority of the week also being a full time mom as well...Having minimal childcare for me to sleep while I work nights hasn't been easy, and I have been tired, but it has been worth it to spend all this time doing fun things with them. It wont be the same having the kids gone 5 days a week, but we are in a new season in life and I know we will find a way to have fun adventures and experiences with this new routine/schedule too.
I am forever grateful that they are both excited about school and look forward to seeing them learn and grow a lot this year. Also, both kids have really wonderful, sweet teachers and I am confident the kids are in good hands. It's gonna be a good year!
I am so glad they both had good experiences. It's a good feeling to know that you raised them well and they can be confidant going out into the world. love you!
ReplyDelete