Levi gets a haircut...for real

Levi is 2 years, 9 months and this month he got his first official haircut. Levi has lots of things to say and he started complaining about his hair always in his eyes. So I took him into Sports Clips and asked for a trim, but to leave the curls if possible. My request was for him not to have a mullet.
Levi did a great job being brave and still and actually seemed to enjoy sitting in the big chair while wearing a cape. A few minutes later the Hair stylist said she was done and Levi did in fact have the mullet I was worried we would leave with. I knew that meant losing SOME additional length and therefore curl, but before I knew it, the stylist was cutting away all of Levi's adorable curls. I held back the tears and looked down to see a smiling Levi looking proud and looking JUST like his Daddy suddenly. He really looked grown up all of a sudden!
We left and Levi seemed happy as can be. I on the other hand, had my weird haircut cry and looked like a hot mess in the parking lot. I am not sure why I cry so much over these unexpected haircut milestones, but I can't help it! (fun fact, it's the only milestone I ever cried over.)
Levi kept joking with me, saying hey, where's my hair? then saying, Oh, there it is when he looked at himself in a mirror. I guess he noticed the fro was gone afterall. 
Our kids have been blessed with awesome hair and I will miss his curls for sure, but he still is my handsome little guy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever