Levi lately

I know you aren't supposed to compare your kids, but I was always worried Levi wasn't developing language skills because he took a lot longer to start talking than Izzy did. However, I was wrong about that delay! Shortly after he turned two, it seemed he just took off with a huge vocabulary and he has always talked really well and clearly for his age. Perhaps it's because big sis is always talking and he couldn't get his words out in time.
 I have a lot of fun listening to him to talk to me.
Since the school year started, I have about 30-60 min 5 days in the car alone with Levi driving around town. He is also taller now and spends the whole drive telling me what he sees.
This has led to some funny and interesting conversations. I've also learned I do not know my machines/trucks like he does. He is always quick to point out that no, that isn't just a bulldozer, its an excavator.
Another cute thing he likes to point out is EACH and EVERY "Stop-it" light. He tells me the color and whether I should go, slow down, or stop. Sometimes he gets impatient when I'm remaining stopped at a red arrow because he sees other cars going and a green light. Other than that instance, he is spot on his "I spy's" around town.
He also tells me all about his day at preschool and who got in trouble, had an accident, etc. It is truly amazing to hear life through the eyes of a two year old.
And every now and then he will conk out...usually when we are 2-5 minutes away from our destination. He is definitely my favorite little guy to hang out with!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever