1st grade and PreK3, here we come!

And just like that, Back to school, 2015-2016 starts today!





We have been blessed with finally being settled in Tallahassee, and that includes returning to the same schools as last year. We are so excited to see what this year holds, and also have our routines back in place. It was a good Summer, that went by very quickly, and now I think we are all ready to get back into the swing of things.

Izzy was a tad bit nervous this year, mostly about not "knowing any friends" from last year, but she recognized at least 2 faces in her class, so that will help. Also, her teacher this year is Ms.Greene, who was a substitute teacher for her some last year. She seemed to take a lot from Izzy's K teacher, including her homework book and behavior charts -2 things I really loved about K last year. Also, she is single! (2 of Izzy's 5 teachers last year had babies...so hopefully we won't have any maternity leave issues this year!) I was most relieved by that!



We were much more laid back this morning and other than me forgetting to make "back to school" signs, everything went well. Izzy told me she knew the way to her class because she had memorized it with her big brain. I had to laugh at that. I have no doubts she did, but I wanted to walk her in anyways, plus we had to carry in a ton of school supplies!  She was timid, but slid into her seat and got right to coloring. She gave me a big hug and a kiss and I didn't tear up this year! So excited to hear about everything from her first day of first grade!
We put Izzy in the after school program that she begged and begged to go to last year. I think they just play several hours after school so that is perfect for her. Hoping that goes well too!

Levi was all set to go from the moment he woke up. I actually was awake and watched him give his stuffed animals hugs and talk to them. I wish I could have heard what he was saying! He had breakfast and also got ready like a big boy. He wasn't a fan of taking pictures, but he humored me anyways. I had to explain to both kids that the only way we have fun, cool pictures to look back at and talk about is because you have to actually take pictures. Since they both love to look at photo albums, this made sense and they gave me some good grins.

After we dropped Izzy off, there is a 30 minute time until Levi's preschool started. He informed me he needed another breakfast. (he had had a big bowl of cereal 30 minutes earlier). So we ran by the house for me to make him a PBJ sandwich. He has to be going through a growth spurt this month. He has been having 3 breakfasts' and 2 lunches each day. They will probably think he is starving at preschool. He can be dramatic about it!

...so when it was time for Levi's school, we went in and found his cubby, classroom and his chair. He got right to work on a puzzle sitting with all the other sweet 3 year old friends of his. They combined the 2 classes from last year into 1, so I love that they all know each other and get along well.
He also gave me a big hug and kiss and said, I love you Mommy as I left. Such a sweetheart. I will miss his 50 kisses he gives me all day long.

I had really thought we were going to put him in another school/daycare where the hours were longer, but it just didn't feel right. So I'm extra thankful he is back at his beloved preschool with his buddies. I had no worries whatsoever about Levi. It will be a good year for him too!
So now the school year has begun and we will see all that happens and all that they will learn! I'm so excited for them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever