awesome sale and my 1st public "mommy moment"
Today was one of those days where I get to spend the day caring for Izzy and then work 12 hours at night. I love it because I have time with my lil girl, but it's pretty tough to flip my days & nights and care for her. Here is an example of what happens when I don't get much sleep:
I decided to take Izzy to the mall for one of her playtimes because she loves to stroll around and I love to find good deals. We went the Children's place and I realized that all their clearance was marked down to $2.99, sweet deal, huh! so I shopped for awhile & when I was about ready to check out, Izzy was tired of shopping. The stroller had tons of clothes and the diaper bag on it, but I didn't think about that, I just heard her fussing and started to get her out.
As soon as I did, the stroller started to flip over. I stuck my foot out and managed to keep it upright while juggling Izzy who thought it was funny. meanwhile, two ladies were standing near me looking at me in horror, chatting away in another language. Bright me decided to try and put Izzy back in the stroller by laying her across (and umbrella stroller - that couldn't support her that is!) at that point, one of the ladies just came & picked Izzy up. I mumbled thanks and grabbed the stuff off the stroller and put it in the seat to balance things out.
Izzy didn't mind, but just stared at the nice lady (who was wearing a headwrap and Izzy was fascinated by) I got everything upright and settled, apologized and thanked the lady for looking out for her. she smiled and all was good. Except I looked down to see if me & her looked halfway normal and I realized my sweatshirt was on inside out and Izzy had peaches on her shirt and in her hair! how did I miss that!?!
So while standing in the check out line, I put her on the floor, changed my shirt, and wiped her hair and shirt off. I guess I had muttered something about what a dork I was, and the other composed moms around me just smiled and said, "It's okay, your a mommy."
so there it is, my first embarassing mommy moment. I feel like its worse for me because I work the night shift! oh well. It was funny once I got home and told Robert about our adventure!
It was worth it to get such a sweet deal though. I got 25 items (mostly sweaters and warm clothes) including 12 outfits, 2 dresses, 1 coat, pajamas all for $72. that includes $6 in tax! I was pretty excited and Izzy was too!
I decided to take Izzy to the mall for one of her playtimes because she loves to stroll around and I love to find good deals. We went the Children's place and I realized that all their clearance was marked down to $2.99, sweet deal, huh! so I shopped for awhile & when I was about ready to check out, Izzy was tired of shopping. The stroller had tons of clothes and the diaper bag on it, but I didn't think about that, I just heard her fussing and started to get her out.
As soon as I did, the stroller started to flip over. I stuck my foot out and managed to keep it upright while juggling Izzy who thought it was funny. meanwhile, two ladies were standing near me looking at me in horror, chatting away in another language. Bright me decided to try and put Izzy back in the stroller by laying her across (and umbrella stroller - that couldn't support her that is!) at that point, one of the ladies just came & picked Izzy up. I mumbled thanks and grabbed the stuff off the stroller and put it in the seat to balance things out.
Izzy didn't mind, but just stared at the nice lady (who was wearing a headwrap and Izzy was fascinated by) I got everything upright and settled, apologized and thanked the lady for looking out for her. she smiled and all was good. Except I looked down to see if me & her looked halfway normal and I realized my sweatshirt was on inside out and Izzy had peaches on her shirt and in her hair! how did I miss that!?!
So while standing in the check out line, I put her on the floor, changed my shirt, and wiped her hair and shirt off. I guess I had muttered something about what a dork I was, and the other composed moms around me just smiled and said, "It's okay, your a mommy."
so there it is, my first embarassing mommy moment. I feel like its worse for me because I work the night shift! oh well. It was funny once I got home and told Robert about our adventure!
It was worth it to get such a sweet deal though. I got 25 items (mostly sweaters and warm clothes) including 12 outfits, 2 dresses, 1 coat, pajamas all for $72. that includes $6 in tax! I was pretty excited and Izzy was too!
That is soooo funny! Thank you for sharing. I'm sure the others mom's weren't horrified - just empathetic to your "mommy" plight. Glad you got some good deals.
ReplyDeleteOh, I could see in there faces, the been there, done that looks. I usually have Robert there to look after both of us and keep me in line! It was funny in the end!
ReplyDeleteGlad you noticed I'm writing more now Cheree! I will try to keep it up!