Welcome 2010
Can hardly believe it but it is already mid-January 2010! Obviously we have been busy and I've not posted much! so here is a quick Recap of a very full 2009:
In January, I was 18 weeks pregnant, expecting our 1st kiddo and we enjoyed celebrating New Years with my Aunts, Becky & Bethany, my Parents, and several cousins in Nashville. In Jan, we learned that the baby bean was a little girl and we were estatic! The guest room suddenly became hot pink & green all over! I, (Angela) had just started my new job at Germantown L&D and was adjusting to a much faster pace while starting to grow more & more each week! Robert also started back to classes and had a full schedule and intership at a Psych hospital as well!
In February we took a week long "BabyMoon" trip to Cancun Mexico and had a wonderful time getting away and spending time with each other. we decided we'll have travel somewhere every year for a time to clear our minds and refresh our spirits!
In March, the pace picked up with Robert in full-speed at his first intership and lots more appointments and baby classes - I got a huge kick out of watching Robert hear about how to take care of infants.
In April, we were blessed by many showers at work and church and enjoyed getting to see lots of family and friends then. We were all set & ready to hold Izzy in our arms then!
May marked our 5 year Anniversary - which has flown by like a blink of an eye, and we were very anxious to meet our little girl. That last month was a tough one! The pregnancy was a good one for me and I just kept on working & working! Robert was glad to see May come as he was done with his tough semester, but gearing up for summer courses too.
In June, of course little Izzy arrived (a few days late) on her Grandpa Stewarts' birthday! We had a wonderful birth experience and suddenly had a precious bundle of joy to love on 24/7! and we didn't sleep much AT ALL. However, we were blessed to have our parents come for a week each to help us transition into parenthood and keep us fed and our apartment clean! Maternity leave started for me and other than 2 weeks of classes, Robert got to be home full time too!
In July we drove with Izzy (3 weeks old) to Florida to visit her FL family for 10 days -that was nuts, but I got to relax some and Roberts family got to know Izzy more...this month wrapped up 5 weeks of me feeding Izzy every 2 hours around the clock - yikes! how I did that, I'll never know! The end of July was another long trip up to Ohio for Izzy to meet all her Canadian Family at the reunion.
In August, we started out with a trip to Arkansas and Izzy decided she was tired of traveling, poor thing! so we stayed home for a bit after that trip! Robert went back to school full time, and I was on my own with Izzy and LOVED it! We both agree, we want more kids for sure!
In September, things remained fairly calm with Izzy set on a schedule and everyday life keeping us busy, soaking up time with our little baby and enjoying more sleep once again! We managed to make a short trip to Nashville to visit my bro & sis too.
In October, I had to return to work, and Robert became full time stay at home Daddy. He is awesome at it and does a fabulous job - Izzy is a Daddy's girl for sure now! I miss being home with my girl 24/7 though!
In November, at 5 1/2 months, we started Izzy on baby food and enjoyed watching her transition to that next phase. We celebrated Thanksgiving with many of my family in Nashville and had a great time - Izzy especially loved all the attention and loving from family!
December was a special time with lots of sweet "1st" memories with our baby girl. Izzy started crawling and is really good at it! We had early Christmas with my parents, then just as a family of 3, and then we drove to Christmas to spend a week with Roberts family. Again, Izzy just soaked it all up and loved the attention!
Wow, when I think about it, we really are blessed. No, we dont live anywhere near our family, but we still get to see them so much. I don't think we have been able to see our families that much since the year we got married (2004).
Overall, it was one of the best years of our life together and we look forward to see what God has in store for us this year! As my Mom says, life just keep getting better and better once you get married, have kids, etc.. I agree, it really does!
That is such a sweet recap of 09 Angela! I hope you guys have many more blessings this year. I can't wait to see you guys a little more often :)
ReplyDelete