Levi is here!
Welcome Levi Jackson Stewart!!
A day shy of 41 weeks, we were finally able to meet our precious son, Levi. We welcomed him into the world on 2.10.12.
I held out hoping I'd go into labor on my own. I didn't. So we went in for a night induction (same as Izzy) and had him the next afternoon- only 3 hours sooner than we had Izzy. Did not expect that. I thought it would be tons easier and faster this time. But what do I know....
Its almost uncanny how similar their pregnancies/laboratory/pushing went...both their labors' & pushing were ridiculously TOUGH! Also, I had epidural issues both deliveries, as in they didn't work well or at all sometimes...
Apparently I'm not cut out for pushing babies out!!
(I yelled them both out without and epidural working!) 2 hours of pushing & I was exhausted so we opted to have the doc use a vacuum to assist in delivery
...and then Levi finally entered the world at 4:54 pm on Friday February 10, 2012.
At first my OB thought his Right arm was broken during delivery. Our OB Doc and nurses did a great job taking care of him! They stabilized him and watched him closely. I finally got to hold him 30 minutes after birth. The good news was after delivery he showed no signs of stress and remained in the room with us so I got to nurse him and we both spent lots of time loving on him.
My BOY weighed 8 lbs 8.2oz!! I knew he was bigger, but wasn't expecting it to be by that much.
So relieved he was moving his Right arm! He is such a trooper!
His color improved quickly. (Apgars were 6/8)
Levi is such a sweetheart. He also feels like a ton of bricks when you hold him! I think he will be a solid and strong lil dude!
Big Sister, Izzy came up the next day to meet him. Mommy & Daddy needed some time to rest and process the busy birthday!
...Unfortunately it was a tough delivery for us both. Starting out, my recovery was difficult as well as my tailbone seemed to be injured as well as dealing with so much pain. But thankfully Levi is a trooper and he immediately nursed and then snuggled down quietly with his Daddy without any problems. His shoulder could have easily been broken, but it wasn't. The lacerations he got on his head after our doctor used a vacuum to assist getting him out aren't long term problems. Levi hardly even notices them, even though they look awful...Maybe one day I'll write more about the delivery. For now, we are thankful Levi is here and doing well.
Comments
Post a Comment