6 months already

It has been a ridiculously long time since I've gotten on here to blog. Mostly I blame it on the fact they redid they blogger website and its harder for me to find time to learn how to navigate it now. But life just stays busy and I want to have some things on here so I'll remember them in the future! So for now, I'm planning to attempt to stay current and who knows - maybe I'll go back and catch up on the past 5 months too!
 Levi is now 6 months old! Watching him grow and do things has been so much fun! Robert and I are so much more laid back and relaxed with what he does than we were with Izzy (which I thought we were relaxed with her, so Levi has it really easy!) We aren't reading about what we should and shouldn't be doing or worrying if he is on track with things. For sleep purposes, we keep him on a flexible schedule that is seems to enjoy. Any new experiences for him doesn't seem as big of a deal with Levi.  It helps that is a very easy-going, laid back little dude who enjoys learning lots of new things. With Izzy being so active, he is learning a lot early - so much so, that he has already showing us he is ready to be as busy as Izzy is...sitting, crawling, pulling up, wanting to stand non-stop...Oy! We are gonna be busy people chasing these two cuties!
 He has always been pleasant and smiley, giggling on occasion, but now he does a good belly laugh - only when sister, Izzy is laughing though. Somehow she is the only one who can get him to laugh like that. But it's adorable and we all just sit and laugh together when they do their laugh! It almost always happen each night at the dinner table. Good times, I will always treasure!
His 6 month stats are: 19 lbs 12 oz (95th percentile), 27.5" (90th percentile) and his head measures 17.5" (60th percentile). He has been on 100% Mommy's milk diet and obviously that really agrees with him! He has not slowed down, even with me going to work. He nurses/or takes a 7oz bottle a total of 5 times a day. He has been sitting at the dinner table with us in his high chair since newborn days, but the past month, he stares longingly at us when we eat. So now it's his turn to start solids...he is THRILLED about that! He still likes mommy's milk too! I'm so incredibly thankful I'm able to nurse and work full time. The Freezer hasn't seem to be affected either!
                                
Not only is a big guy, but he is also VERY strong! I've been amazed at the things he can do. He mastered rolling both ways several months ago, but now he rolls over so fast and spins whichever direction he wants to go as soon as you put him down! It's really fun to see him move; he can spin/pivot on the floor like it's no body's busines! Levi as excellent grabbing talents, especially when Izzy is in his space - he grabs her hair instantly; he enjoys playing with his toes, especially while he eats, can sit unsupported 98% of the time, and is already crawling too! It's mostly an army crawl (great upper body strength) but he does use his toes a lot and from time to time is on his knees. He can make a beeline across a room in minutes! Pretty amazing for such a young guy! He wears 9-12 month sized clothes and is still in size 3 diapers. 
                                    
He continues to sleep great through the night - 11 hours consistently. Thanks again to BabyWise, we all sleep great in the Stewart household! Occasionally he wakes at 5, plays quietly for a bit, then falls back to sleep. Most nights he goes to bed by 7:30 and wakes up at 6:30am. I would prefer he sleep in more, because I still am NOT a morning person...but I'll take any length of sleep he will give us! I wouldn't be able to work nights if I didn't get solid 10 hours of sleep each of my nights off!
                                     
Levi likes to babble, but mostly he says DaDa for everything. He definitely recognizes his name, Izzy, Momma & Daddy when their names are called. He squeals a lot too and likes to make noises while chewing on his gums. It makes him look like a mini old guy and it's hilarious! Can you tell we are all in love with this precious boy?! Levi loves his sister and looks to play with her ALL the time. She does the same with him and so they spend most of their awake time together. Although, with Levi  recently learning to crawl, he is now getting into ALL of Izzy's things, she is not so impressed with him. She retaliates by taking everything away from him. We will be working on sharing more. Life with siblings in complicated - we definitely need to learn more about how to teach them to interact nicely with each other.
                                    
Summer is winding down and so I'm getting outside more with Levi - I disliked taking him out in the extreme heat. Now we get to go out more that the highs are in the 80s - woot woot! He spends a lot of time in the stroller or jumper outside watching Izzy play, swim or run around. He really likes to watch the birds and squirrels, dogs and bugs buzzing around. He just sits in a content manner enjoying whatever he can around him. He also starting riding in the wagon this week and really enjoys that - especially when Daddy goes fast down the hill - both Izzy and Levi squeal with laughter then! 
I am so excited that his is now on the go. I remember with Izzy that we were able to do more and more with her each month, starting at this age. So I'm really looking forward to seeing all the things Levi will learn in the next few months! Without a doubt, when it comes to the kids, we are enjoying the simple things!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever