we've moved in!

All I can say about moving is Thank-goodness for family! We have gotten all moved in and are starting to get settled now. I don't know how we would have ever gotten through the move without our family to help. I love them! I wish more of them lived closer. Maybe one day we will be able to figure out how to do that.
In the meantime we are still working on projects, unpacking and trying to keep Izzy out of danger. With the hectic move and mini-renovations, she is discovering all sorts of new things. Everytime we turn around she finds something new (to her) to get into. It's almost like Christmas for her - she just keeps opening up things and playing in the boxes as well as dragging things out for us. She is really good at copying what we do, so I can't blame her. Nothing really has "it's place" yet and we are painting and working on bouquouts of projects so, we have to keep a sharp eye out for her. She is loving the extra free space to run around and play and is as happy as ever.
Maybe we're super lax parents, but we really don't baby proof our house. We put locks on the cabinets with chemicals and we keep the sharp objects away from her reach, but other than that, we figure it's Izzy's home too, why lock it up to her? And I think she does pretty good. She is actually a very good listener and incredibly smart. She also thinks she is 3 years old. So each day she learns something new and each day I'm amazed at her little talents and abilities. We are figuring out our routine and looking forward to being settled very soon! (sooner than later, I hope!)

Miss Izzy is not a fan of her high chair, she'd rather sit (or stand) at the table to eat)
Izzy had her first taste of Ketchup chips (from Canada) and loved them! I was so excited that she took after me and my weird love for ketchup chips! This little girl will eat just about anything!

And as you can tell from the pictures, we have a long way to go on decorating the house!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever