About once a week...

I have ENERGY! Energy to skip my nap and get things done that is. It's sad, but true, I take a nap pretty much every day...which means I don't get a lot of extra things done around here. I feel like I am always on the go with Izzy and work. So, as soon as nap time comes, I drop everything and nap with Izzy. And we both sleep good, then wake up a few hours later feeling refreshed. But not today. Today, I've gotten 2 full nights' sleep in a row and feel like a normal person. Even better is that I have another 24 hours of being off, and home with Robert and Izzy. That being said, I'll write a post for this week and what Miss Izzy has been up to Lately:

Do you think kids know who's home with them or what time they should get up based on their caregiver for the day? I'm starting to wonder if Izzy doesn't...because - ever since Mim and Papa came, Izzy has had a wake up time of 6:30 or 6. (I think she knew they were here and ready to play), However, that is not really cool with me as I am a late riser/non-morning person and can hardly function if I wake up before 8... I always give Robert a hard time because when I watch her she generally gets up after 7, sometimes even 8! but for him it's always between 6:30 and 7. I dont know how she knows, but the mornings when it's just me & her, she almost always sleeps in. So I was on a mission to get Izzy back to my wakeup time of after 8 am...It took a week to get her back on track, but she finally is sleeping in again. Praise the Lord! This morning she got up at 9!! I was thrilled when I woke up at 8:15, checked on her and she didn't stir at all. I got a shower and a jump start on my day and I have felt wonderful all day. Izzy has also been in a good mood -maybe cause she got 13.5 hrs of sleep last night! I'm so proud of her for sleeping so well for me! I don't know how she does it, but I'm glad she knows Mommy is not a morning person so stay asleep longer for her!

Even though it was raining harder than it has in a very long time, Izzy didn't mind getting out with me to run errands. I love that she is not afraid or rain on her face, but instead loves it and sticks her tongue out as we run through the rain together! Looking so cute in her vest today.
Once she does get up, she is up and running - and stays extremely busy playing. I love all the fun moments with her and she just enjoys exploring the house and learning new things each day. But I am also trying to teach her to count and learn her colors. I'm hoping to discover more crafts to do with her too. She loves anything that is hands on. She mostly follows me around the house and does whatever I do and it works for now.

She's been sportin' lots of new hairdo's lately and keeping them ALL Day - which is so exciting for me. Her unruly her drives me nuts (mostly because it reminds me of mine- half curly, half straight, won't consistently do one thing and has it's own mind).
Bribing with candy to get her hair done...it works very well! FunDip, anyone?
I love her pigtails the best!
Ponytails are adorable too!
We trimmed her bangs again this week and I think I went a little too short - oops! If she ever sits still for me, I'll fix the longer side (her Left side). At least it goes with her crazy hairstyles and she doesn't care! As always, I LOVE her smiles!
She is playing dress up more and more, and even starting to pick out her own outfits and dressing herself (well at least her shirts and shoes) - her favorite thing to do is try on shoes, and she puts on EVERY pair in the house almost every day. Even hers sometimes.
Mommy's heels...
This one cracks me up...catch me if you can mom. I've got my dress shoes on!
She is getting really good at putting her own shoes on. That amazes me.
At the store, she went nuts for a pair of rainboots. If I weren't so cheap, I would have got them, but they were a bit big and I'm gonna look online for a cheaper pair. But now I know she loves rain boots!
Rockin' some rainboots!
She imitates us often, and me the most...maybe because I do so many random things, like wearing my heat pad on my neck to help my headaches. Izzy loves to copy me doing that (and wear my boots too!


I cook! is what she says every time one of us is in the kitchen, she grabs a chair and pulls it up to help us cook. And now cooking dinner takes twice as long.
I'm just glad I have these good days where I'm able to feel good, get lots done and make sure Izzy has plenty of fun with Mommy too! Wearing flour on your shirt, putting daddy's hat on, running around - sans pants, reading the paper and pushing your doll - what a crazy fun life Izzy has! She is the funniest little girl I know.

Comments

  1. LOVE all of the new pics. The pig tails are adorable. Can't wait to see you guys on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever