Florida Christmas 2011

We had a very Merry Christmas with our family in Florida this year...It was a fun time with a few mishaps along the way, but mostly we were glad to be celebrating this special time of year with our family. Izzy, had been waiting for Christmas Day all month and was beside herself when it finally arrived!

Izzy is always thrilled to be with her grandparents, Mim & Papa
Santa brought a kitchen to our house before we left for Florida. Mim and Papa must have let Santa know Izzy loves to cook! :) Thanks for her kitchen - she loves it!
Getting introduced to the Stewart family Christmas Eve. AKA wrapping paper wars! Izzy was the cutest little Elf, helping Poppy pass out all the presents.... and sometimes opening them before giving them to people (oops! - have to work on that!)
Dressup time (Thanks Bma!). Not sure if Mim was shielding Izzy from the flying wrapping paper or helping her calm down - she was soooo wound up and had all the Stewarts laughing at her antics. Izzy ate up all the attention and had a blast!
Izzy with her great-grands, Bma & Poppy. Happy people make me smile.
Had to get a 4 generation photo of course.
Papa & Izzy check out what Santa brought on Christmas morning...
Lots of figurine dressup jewelry & toys to keep her busy...
Love the excitement showing on her face all week, but especially while opening gifts!
She had a very nice (Toy Story) Christmas!

Always good to do activities to keep miss Iz occupied...so we made gingerbread house (well a house & a train technically)

2 mom & 2 daughters.
Hahahahaha!!
Look, my hands are turning green...awesome!
Have I mentioned how much this girl is loved?
Izzy enjoyed eating the gingerbread house decor as fast as she could
Izzy just snacked on them in the end!
Simply wiped out. Aunt Mer didn't mind at all that Izzy fell asleep in her lap our last night there.

on a side note...I'm sad to say I had a major "Rut Row" happen on Christmas...this clumsy momma fell down the stairs on Christmas. Thankfully, I landed on my tushy and didn't seem to have hurt Levi in any way. Other than an extremely hurt rear we are both fine - but I pretty much had to lay around for as much of the time as I could in the following days. Which really stunk. (hence the lack of pictures after Christmas morning)...
Bedrest is sooo not my thing - it seemed that I literally needed everything done for me suddenly or that everything was just barely out of reach. And while I hate asking people to do things for me, I'm grateful for Robert and my in-law family all helping me out and reminding me just to rest. I guess the big man upstairs was trying to just let me know I need to slow down and rest.

Meanwhile Izzy was as busy as ever with her grandparents, aunt & uncle and Christmas loot to keep her plenty preoccupied! She still needed ways to burn her energy though, so Mim & Papa had the awesome idea to take her to a indoor bouncy playstation - Zoinks. Robert and I managed to get me out of the house for lunch and then met them there and we were all very entertained by Izzy's excitement. She ran from one thing to the next playing to her hearts content and wearing herself out.

She had the best time and I'm impressed with how well her climbing/playing skills have improved. She would probably want to visit this place every day if we lived here! Mim & Papa come up with lots of great ways to get Izzy's energy out!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever