Bed rest
Where I'll be hanging out most of the time these days...and Yes, Izzy is frequently snuggled up with me to check on brother and me! ...She is such a sweet little thang!
After falling down the stairs 10 days ago, things are only slightly better....so my OB recommends I stay off my feet, specifically off work for. At least a week and try to heal up a bit more!
This is insanely hard for me to swallow. I am just not one to sit and rest, never have been. I'd much rather than being up doing things. Thankfully, I'm not on official bed rest (don't want to increase the risk of blood clots) but I'm to be in positions that give my tailbone a rest (laying down or standing). Sitting and bending are pretty painful at this point so I know it's good that I do not have to be at my crazy workplace doing both of those...I'm also taking steroids to try to ease the inflammation. 10 more off resting & hopefully I'll be up for going back to work, but shorter shifts- 8 hours seems way more manageable.
My goal is to be able to have a vaginal delivery again and make it to 39 weeks. If I'm better. I'll wait until after my due date to induce (if Levi doesn't come sooner). I also want to try and avoid any long term pain or damage from this little fall on my booty...
So that's what's new in our world. On a positive note, Izzy is really going to enjoy having me home more this next week & hopefully she won't be too upset we aren't going out to do things.
She probably needs a break to rest herself as she has had 2 weeks of visiting with family nonstop and also has some congestion/small cold going on.
My goal is to be able to have a vaginal delivery again and make it to 39 weeks. If I'm better. I'll wait until after my due date to induce (if Levi doesn't come sooner). I also want to try and avoid any long term pain or damage from this little fall on my booty...
So that's what's new in our world. On a positive note, Izzy is really going to enjoy having me home more this next week & hopefully she won't be too upset we aren't going out to do things.
She probably needs a break to rest herself as she has had 2 weeks of visiting with family nonstop and also has some congestion/small cold going on.
Ice really does work wonders and I'm amazed at how I've gotten used to laying on a cold pack so much! crazy!
Comments
Post a Comment