Predictable naptimes are a great thing!


So, our apartment got A LOT smaller when we had a baby! not only did we combine our two bedrooms (well our stuff in the 2 rooms) into one, we also added TONs of baby toys and furniture, which is all quite big and bulky! Of course, I don't mind, but I do look forward to expanding to a house someday! We probably don't need all the stuff that we have, but it sure helps us with entertaining her! One thing I have been surprised by is that people always talk about their kids sleeping in the swing or bouncer, etc. So I was looking forward to that, however Isabella has not ever slept in any of her toys. Other than her carseat, she only falls asleep in her crib. I think it's because we "trained" her that way. I wouldn't mind having her out here, napping with me in the family area, but I am thankful that she naps well and I have several predictable breaks in the day to do my own thing.


For her morning nap, I nap too (usually for 2 hours -since I'm not a morning person, this is especially awesome for me!) On her second nap (usually just 1 hr 15 min), I shower, clean the kitchen up a bit and plan our day. Her next nap (early afternoon) we sometimes go out - for lunch with friends or to shop and this is when she might sleep in her carseat. Otherwise we are home and I try to do things I enjoy, read, organize, scrapbook or clean a bit! Her late afternoon nap (usually 1 hr 30 min), I prepare dinner and spend time with Robert - we like to cook together as well as just relax and catch up! For her last nap, (usually an hour, but sometimes up to 2 hours) I sometimes sneak out to run errands like getting my nails done, printing photos or going to one of my fav stores like Archivers, Hobby Lobby, Target or the mall. Otherwise, I am at home with Robert hanging out or watching a movie with Robert.


So while Izzy does not catnap much, I can appreciate that she gets her time to nap and I know that each day I can do things I enjoy as well as get things done that I need to!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever