Sweet Sleep...Yes, New Parents Can Sleep Too!




Guess what!!?? Our little angel (since 8 weeks of age) has been sleeping 8-10 hours at night-every night!!! WOO HOO! Sometimes we have to go in her room and turn her over and she is talking to herself on her back at 5 or 6am (she learned at 10 weeks how to roll from belly to back and gets stuck like a turtle)... we put her so sleep after her 8pm feeding and don't feed her again until 6:30-7a!!! We don't have to rock, walk or do any other special things to get her to sleep, Isabella just learned that when she is in the crib, it's time for bed! (It only took 3 nights of "crying it out" at age 8 weeks)
Someone recommended the book, "Baby Wise" to Robert. So we read it and it sure helped us out! Isabella was doing great in the daytime, but was waking up every 2 hours to nurse for the first 4 weeks. I knew we would eventually have to get her on some type of routine schedule so she would learn to space her nightly feedings out (Yes, I am SUPER organized in everything I do). Teaching Izzy to sleep was especially important to me, since I will return to working nights when she is 4 months old. I can't imagine Robert waking up constantly all night to feed her then to also have to go to school and take care of her as well! So we implemented what we read in "Baby Wise"....and VOILA, we all sleep at night! Isabella is on a "flexible" schedule during the day where she eats, plays, and naps...repeat 4 times! and then she Sleeps ALL night long!! Both Robert & I have enjoyed 6 weeks of good sleep and so has Isabella!
If you are a new parents, interested in how to get your babies to sleep through the night as quick as possible, give this book a try.

Disclaimer: BABYWISE WORKED FOR US. I KNOW THERE ARE OTHER "STRATEGIES" OUT THERE AS WELL THAT ARE JUST AS GOOD. DO WHATEVER WORKS BEST FOR YOUR FAMILY. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever