Spreading the love at KDS



This week was our church class' time to lead a church service at a local nursing home, Kings Daughters and Sons (KDS). Actually, we do this each quarter. Robert and the guys from class take turns preaching, doing communion, leading singing and prayers. I usually go and assist in passing out song books and helping people find the songs, and of course visiting and encouraging the residents as well. I remember going to KDS when I was 8 months pregnant and they seemed to get a kick out of my big belly as well as guessing if I was having a boy or a girl. Then they would tell me about their babies or grandbabies. This past Sunday was another time for us to serve at KDS. We decided that since Isabella was 3 1/2 months old, we would take her as well (and yes, I held her the whole time and had hand sanitizer to use often as they loved to touch her hands and legs). I gotta say, I'm really glad we did, because she was a huge hit! They all LOVED her so much. I had her in a frilly dress and big hair bow, playing up the girly stuff big time for them to enjoy! They all commented on how pretty she was and how proud we must be. I was pretty impressed to see how much she made their day. Even the men were interested in her, even if they couldn't talk, they at least gave a big grin when they looked over at her! All through the service, I kept seeing various residents peeking at us to make sure she was okay. Any sound and they all checked on her! I was very relieved that Izzy decided she would be on her best behavior, even though it was her naptime. She briefly fussed for a minute (when Robert was talking) but then fell right to sleep in my arms! Afterward, she woke up again and was content as we visited a bit more. What a joy she is to us each day, but on this day I was especially touched to see she also brought joy to several people, living in a nursing home, away from family and little babies that are so cute!

Comments

  1. That is precious. I am sure little Izzy made so many people's day. I think it is awesome that you guys took her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever