First Day of School (sort of)

Today was another first for Izzy. She went to school for the day (sort of that is). She went to Chet Academy (where home schoolers and their parents go twice a week for combined classes) with Aunt Becky. Becky and Jody watch the young children and babies and get to love on them all day. Since Becky normally watches Izzy at home while we work/sleep, she got to go to school today as it was Moriah & Becky's 1st day back to Chet.
I worked my first night shift last night (which went well), I got off at 7, rushed home to hold Izzy for a few minutes and see her off to school. I tried not to cry, but couldn't help myself...Izzy is growing up so fast and the tears came anyways. It didn't help that I had been up for over 24 hours and had not gotten to see Robert that morning.
So now Izzy is going to school 1-2 days a week!! She had a blast with all the kids and lots of extra attention, of course\. She seems to like all the 2 and 3 year old boys the most. She was not shy at all and tried to take everyones toys - (hopefully she will start learning what sharing means!) She also ate all the food and snacks we sent for her along with munching off everyone else's' food (and 2 boys sippy cups). She seemed very happy when I went to get her which was a huge relief to me. Her only nap was 45 minutes long, go figure. Little miss soical-bug knows when there are things to do and people to see, and unless she is home, she naps half her usual amount or less. Chet was a very busy place and Izzy seems to really enjoy going there. For that I am thankful!
I was very happy to see her smiling face - even overnight, I miss seeing her face and watching her play. Izzy is such a happy girl, and when she's around you cannot help but smile. It's wonderful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever