Robert has a job!!

After a few months of job searching, Robert has been hired! He starts next week as a therapist, who will work will students at a public school here in Nashville. He will have decent load of kids and their parents to work with, aged K-8th grade, doing various forms of therapy with them. He is very excited not only to have found work, but also because it involves helping kids out. He had an internship in Memphis, working with kids in a similar situations and really enjoyed that. Hopefully this will give him some good experience as well as open up many more doors for him down the road. I am very proud of him and have no doubts he will do well and help a lot of kids who are in tough situations out. If you've ever talked to Robert, then you know therapy is perfect for him and he will bless so many people by what he does!

He starts next week, which means we have the next few days to figure out how we are going to arrange our schedules and have childcare for Izzybug. That is kinda huge for me - we've not done this before and with me working 12 hr night shifts that rotate, it makes me wonder how it's all going to work - but I'm trying very hard not to stress over it....

I will say having Robert be a student the last 4 years has allowed a lot of flexibility and extra time with each other. I have espeically enjoyed that extra time with him since Izzy came along. We knew it wouldn't have such open schedules together forever, and now the time has come for us both to work. We'll both be full time for now - which means we should be able to get/AFFORD our first house very soon! We are both completely thrilled about that. I really think Izzy will do fine being away from us more - she is such a social girl and very routine - so I don't anticipate too many unmanageable changes in her schedule. I guess I'm just worried about how she will do with us both gone all day, as well as how I'm going to deal with us both being away from her so much.

It is such a relief to know that we'll be in Nashville for a bit and can officially start to "settle" down here. Everything is falling into place. Thank you God for providing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever