Not used to this

For the SECOND time this summer, we are all SICK! I am not a fan of being sick, but being sick in the summer stinks even worse....
This weekend we all came down with little head colds in various ways - Izzy is snotty, with a draining nose and can't breathe great at night. Robert and I both have terrible sore throats and head congestion - Roberts also came with a sinus headache. Doesn't sound terrible, but having all 3 of us feeling crappy makes it pretty rough. We managed to have a decent day and were very lazy and that helped a bit.
However, I'm not sure how the night will go - we put Izzy to be early tonight and she went down great - but has coughed a ton and woken herself up already in a crying frantic - which breaks my heart to hear.
Robert rushed to town to get our humidifier out of storage (that's the not fun part of not having all your junk with you - you never know what "junk" you'll need!!) I also had him stop by the old Taco Bell for a late night snack for me - drinking hot tea and soup all day has left me pretty hungry so maybe a spicy snack will clear my head before bed!

So to recap:
1. I hate being sick because we are healthy people and never get sick. I'm pretty sure it's because we are very stressed out most of the time these days (also a bummer)
2. It's worse to be sick in the summer - I can't even enjoy the hot tea or broth because it's 98 degrees out.
3. Izzy is probably going to wake up several more times tonight needing comfort and I'm pretty sure there isn't much I can do -that is really hard for a parent
4. I'm eating taco bell before bed so I'm sure my stomach will love me tonight! haha.

I'm off for 2 more days but Robert now works 5 days a week. For his sake, I hope its a good night and we all feel better soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever