Welcome 2011
The new year has come so quickly, I honestly didn't get a chance to make a new years resolution, not that I have some huge goals, but I do think it's always good to reflect on the previous year and think ahead to the future and what we can accomplish. I think that's why I like birthday's so much. They remind me of all the special moments with that person throughout the previous year and all the milestones we go through together. This is especially important to me with Izzy. She is growing up so fast and each day is filled with busy play and work. When I stop and think about how she is growing up, I also like to think of her over the past month and all the things she has accomplished and learned. That is my way of enjoying her for her age that she is now and the sweet baby moments that have passed so quickly. I don't want to miss out on the present because I'm dwelling on the past.
On New Years' Day, we went to Memphis to see some of our best friends and it reminded me how we need to make time for the smaller things in life and the moments that pass by when your not looking.
On New Years' Day, we went to Memphis to see some of our best friends and it reminded me how we need to make time for the smaller things in life and the moments that pass by when your not looking.
Those are things I want to make more time for his year. Even though I work nights and I'm gone from home half the week, I still want to make time for Izzy so that she knows how much I enjoy my time with her and how much I love her. I don't want her growing up thinking mommy only goes to work, sleeps and cleans the house. I want to make the time to play with her and listen to her chat with my full attention on her during our time together. I did that today with the 2 hours I had with her before work and it was fun and relaxing. When it was time to go, she wasn't nearly as sad, and seemed to understand it was time for Mommy to go to work. It was nice. My house may not get organized and cleaned as soon as i'd like, but izzy will know she is loved. I also need to do this with Robert - we are getting better and better about it as we are getting adjusted to him working full time 5 days a week. It shouldn't be too hard since Izzy goes to sleep by 8 pm every night, but for us it's more about finding the energy. We will celebrate our 7th Anniversary this year -I always heard how the first 7 years are the hardest. So far we've had our ups and downs, but I know we have a great life together and we are happy. Life without him wouldn't be the same, and I don't need to take our time together for granted.
2010 brought us to Nashville and 2 good jobs and beautiful home. God has sustained us and provided for our needs. For those blessings I am very grateful. And now I'm ready to focus more on increasing my faith, strengthening my relationships and continuing to teach Izzy day by day.
"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the Lord."
(Lamentations 3:22-26)
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the Lord."
(Lamentations 3:22-26)
Beautiful post little sis.
ReplyDeleteThanks, C. We are glad 2010 brought us closet to you guys so we have more time together!
ReplyDelete