Wild Woman


She’s really a special little lady, completely wild on the outside but tender on the inside. If I tell Izzy "No" or raise my voice at her, her lip quivers and she crumbles into a pile. I usually feel terrible and I have to hold her and comfort her until she isn't upset anymore. (Even though she was just in trouble). I have to sit and explain why I raised my voice at her or why she is disciplined, which she seems to get, but it still melts me heart. So we spend a lot of time praising her and she LOVES that. I think you have to do what works for your kid, and I'm very thankful she responds to positive reenforcement. So much easier on all of us!


These are some little conversations we've had lately that warm my heart:


Me: " Izzy, do you want some milk?"


Izzy: " K" (okay)


Me: "Do you want toast?"

Izzy: "No"


Me: "Do you want a banana?"

Izzy: "No"


Me: "Do you want grapes?"

Izzy: "No, Gaga, Pees" (banana, please)


Me: handing her a banana, "Mommy's gonna eat some cereal, lets sit at the table."

Izzy: "K" and she goes to the table. "See, pees" (Cereal, please) and she gets bites of my cereal in between bites of her banana...

Simple, but cute.



A little while later,

Izzy: (standing at the door with a window) "Go, Side" (go outside)

Me: "You have to get out of your pajamas first. Do you want Mommy to change you now?"

Izzy: "No, Shoes", and she walks over to her shoes and tries to put them on over her pajamas


Me: "Shoes don't go over pajamas, lets change you first, then put on our clothes and coat and go outside."

Izzy: "K, pants, socs" and she goes over to her clothes and lays down next to them.

...Is anybody else as impressed by her comprehension as me?


I guess this momma is just excieted to have her little starting to talk more and more to her!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever