Springs here!
We have a love/hate feeling for spring around here!
All 3 of us seem to have allergies now, it makes me wonder if I'll keep spring as my favorite season!? It's beautiful outside, temperatures feel amazing but my body, specifically my head feels like it's always in the verge on exploding these days. Why is that a little thin like pollen can make you feel miserable?
Izzy can't quite describe her symptoms to me but I know she is all stuffed up and I imagine her head is feeling like a balloon these days, just like mommy & daddy's does. She also has a strange rash (turns out her eczema flaired up again) and so now she takes zyrtec and is doing much better!
I'm also reminded of the rough months we are about to face as shorts & skirts have made their return to her wardrobe. Her poor knees and hands are scraped up now...I'll be surprised if they don't stay that way until October. But that is ok with me. I may cringe when she falls, and wish she wouldn't run or jump on concrete, but I know she is adventurous and doesn't mind a boo boo every now & then. I'll be there to give kisses when she does fall. She always comes and asks for a kiss on her boo boo or owie after a fall or scrape!
Allergies don't stop us from getting out in the yard most days though. Izzy could spend her whole life outside...rain or shine, snow or sweltering southern heat - she is an outdoorsy girl all the way.
I'm also reminded of the rough months we are about to face as shorts & skirts have made their return to her wardrobe. Her poor knees and hands are scraped up now...I'll be surprised if they don't stay that way until October. But that is ok with me. I may cringe when she falls, and wish she wouldn't run or jump on concrete, but I know she is adventurous and doesn't mind a boo boo every now & then. I'll be there to give kisses when she does fall. She always comes and asks for a kiss on her boo boo or owie after a fall or scrape!
Comments
Post a Comment