A trip to Searcy
Hello Harding. I like your fountains!
She loved watching the fountains and tried desperately to get into the water. (thankfully she was unsuccessful in jumping in them!)

Since it's been a year since we took Izzy to Searcy, I decided we'd have to squeeze in a quick trip now that it's Spring. So, to Grammy and Grandpas' house we went... It turned out to be a bit of a Girls week + Grandpa! We had several nice days to spend with family, as well as seeing all our old favorite spots in town. Aunt Cheree (Chee as Izzy calls her) came with us which was a lifesaver for me. It was strange to be there without our boys (we missed Daddy TONs), but still a good week with Izzybug and my parents!
Cheree drove us (see, she was my lifesaver this week) - I was exhausted from working all night the night before, and Izzy decided not to take a nap on the 7 hr drive over..., so it was a somewhat wild trip, complete with a blowout, several meltdowns and a very sleepy Momma!! Cheree now knows what its like to travel with a toddler (very sorry about that!)
As soon as we got there, Izzy was off and exploring. She was thrilled to be out of the car and was super energitic. In just a few hours she explored every inch of their house she could and then she jumped and jumped on the bed and rolled around. I finally just had to put her to bed because she had no signs of slowing down! Cheree & I bunked together since I'd get more sleep if I wasn't in the same room with Izzy, so again she was a great big sis and let me steal the covers from her all week!
When we got up Wednesday, Izzy needed to get more energy out so we all went out to eat at Bobby's for breakfast. It was completely delicious (and cheap!) Mom and Dad always make good breakfasts', but it was my favorite place to eat Breakfast in high school/college and I spent many hours with so many good friends there, so I was thrilled everyone didn't mind going there for breakfast! Izzy enjoyed several pieces of bacon and orange juice for breakfast.
Then we stopped by Grandmas house for a visit and Izzy spent the entire time chasing Susie Q and throwing balls/fetch with her.
We also went to Berry Hill park to play, which Izzy loved. She had no problems climbing up the steep stairs and sliding down the big slide (Mom says I did the same thing at that age)
Izzy also enjoyed swinging with aunt Cheree. She is so tall her feet about hit the ground. She got a big kick out of kicking while swinging. It really looked like she was running in the air. Aunt Linda came by the park to visit a bit but wasn't feeling good so she kept her distance.
Izzy spent a lot of time with Grandpa and every time she saw him, she'd say Me-O (for meow or Cat) and she'd also say Rock or Shell when she saw him. That's because he spent a lot of time showing her his rock and shell collections and taking her outside to see the (very pregnant) kitty cat.
She sure does look like her Grandpa!
Izzy had 2 favorite rocks, one was green, the other was brown. Both were small and smooth and she carried them everywhere saying Rock. After a day of this, Grandpa looked closer at the brown one and said, "Actually, it's a piece of petrified wood"...and then Izzy repeated him and said Acht-ch-Ee (actually) from then on when she saw the brown rock/piece of wood. Since Dad says Actually a lot, it's hilarious to hear her copy him.
Then there was the garden...
At the table, Izzy likes to say everyone's names, so I asked her to say Everybody's name. She responded with "EvBody" instead of listing us all like she normally does. Second big word to learn this week and I love it!
Grammy made us lots of yummy food (I'm hoping Izzy learns to cook like Grammy does!)
and Izzy insisted on cooking with her several times. She was especially obsessed with making pizza and bread-sticks with her. Unfortunately, Izzy was more about eating the uncooked pizza rather than preparing it, but it was still cute.
Izzy got to be close with Cheree this week too and enjoyed getting in her stuff. I think she was able to get to know Cheree as Cheree and not just Cheree who has the dog, Sophie! She liked doing what "Chee" was doing and Cheree helped take good care of her. Except she kinda worried me when I found Lysol wipes in Izzy's diaper wipe container (she said she just grabbed the first wipes she saw and did NOT use them! Thankfully!!)
She was upset when Cheree went running, but always happy when she came back!
While running around town at the end of the week, Izzy had a fall in one of the stores. She bumped her mouth on the concrete and was naturally upset (that happens a lot) but what I didn't realize until we were at McDonald's shortly after is that she had actually chipped her 2 front top teeth! Let's just say I had a mini meltdown when I realized it. Izzy is such a trooper, I was way more upset than she was. When I started to cry, Izzy cried so I tried to stop, but I had that flood of thoughts about all the worst case scenarios with her teeth being chipped - pain, infection, lisp, going to the Dentist and holding her down, etc. But Mom and Cheree helped me as I pulled myself together. Izzy is fine and her teeth seem to be too, but we will definitely be keeping a close eye on them! She is such a rough/tough little girl, I'm always wondering what's going to happen next.

Whew! I'm getting tired just writing about our busy week in Searcy! Izzy did sit still some - mostly in her old bouncy chair she found at Grammy's. She just reclaimed it as her personal recliner. Grandpa had got her a box full of some of her favorite movies so she enjoyed watching those for some down time!
A busy week with a busy girl. Had a great time. Wish we could have stayed longer, but we had to get back to Daddy!
Thanks so much for going on a trip with us Cheree! It was great to spend time with you too!
Comments
Post a Comment