Needed Break.
Tallahassee Spring Break 2011

Spring Break is here (officially! - I like to take breaks as often as I can from work to be with my sweet family!) thankfully both Robert & I have jobs that allow us to take off for a spring break- at least 5 days with no ties to work!
It was well worth it because Izzy had an absolute blast with Papa & Mim, aunt MerMer and uncle Aaron! She played hard with them for 4 days straight! We squeezed in a lot and she handled it all like a champ- only had small meltdowns before naptime and went to bed great each night.
We arrived at 2 am and Izzy was already asleep so Robert put her to bed. Unfortunately Zoe was sniffing her out the next morning and they both had a startling meeting. Izzy was weary of her at first but then got used to having the 2 puppies around...surprisingly, she and Oscar had no trouble all week!
Papa & daddy went out Sat morning (and came home with a golf cart - especially handy for spending time outdoors with Iz) while us 4 gals went to the park. Izzy showed Mim and MerMer she is an expert at climbing and slides, and also a bit of a daredevil. I was pleasantly reminded of what it feels Luke to get into a hot car (felt great though with the wind)...now I'm looking forward to Spring & Summer temps!!


After a nap, all the Talla Stewarts came over to hang out (see Izzy) and Robert grilled some burgers and dogs. Izzy proceeded to be her wild self and jumped all around the house and on the couches! It's been a Long time since the Stewarts had small kids around but I imagine Izzy is just as wild as Robert and his cousins were back in the day.

Tuesday was our last day, so we borrowed Papa from work and went to the Tallahassee Jr Museum (cool place- basically a mini outdoor zoo) Izzy ran all over or was carried by her Papa while we saw farm animals, alligator, Fl panther, bears, etc. Izzy tried to touch the snake during a class and would have but we left because we didn't want to interupt! Not sure why she'll touch reptiles but doesn't like her feet to be sandy?! She is a crazy girl!
Daddy cooked lasagna for dinner that night, then we headed out for a quick shopping date...Izzy ha fun with everyone back at he house and after giving them all hugs and kisses went to bed. When we got back we enjoyed yummy cheesecake and watched How to train your dragon - pretty funny pixar movie (I'd never heard of it). Since we haven't watched a new(er) movie in over a year, I'm glad it was at least a good one that had me laughing! (We really don't get out much!)
And that was our break. Busy but fun! Hope we keep getting to have time with family! I came home with 500 pictures of this trip - I can never decide which ones are the best!! I'm just glad to see Izzy so happy and so loved by her family in all the many photos!
Spring Break is here (officially! - I like to take breaks as often as I can from work to be with my sweet family!) thankfully both Robert & I have jobs that allow us to take off for a spring break- at least 5 days with no ties to work!
We usually try to head to Florida to see the Stewarts on these breaks. This is our 4th trip to FL with Izzy, and we were hoping she wouldn't min the car trip-HA! I'm sure one day when she is out of car seat, she'll do fine but until then, they are some very long road trips!
It was well worth it because Izzy had an absolute blast with Papa & Mim, aunt MerMer and uncle Aaron! She played hard with them for 4 days straight! We squeezed in a lot and she handled it all like a champ- only had small meltdowns before naptime and went to bed great each night.
We arrived at 2 am and Izzy was already asleep so Robert put her to bed. Unfortunately Zoe was sniffing her out the next morning and they both had a startling meeting. Izzy was weary of her at first but then got used to having the 2 puppies around...surprisingly, she and Oscar had no trouble all week!
Papa & daddy went out Sat morning (and came home with a golf cart - especially handy for spending time outdoors with Iz) while us 4 gals went to the park. Izzy showed Mim and MerMer she is an expert at climbing and slides, and also a bit of a daredevil. I was pleasantly reminded of what it feels Luke to get into a hot car (felt great though with the wind)...now I'm looking forward to Spring & Summer temps!!
After a nap, all the Talla Stewarts came over to hang out (see Izzy) and Robert grilled some burgers and dogs. Izzy proceeded to be her wild self and jumped all around the house and on the couches! It's been a Long time since the Stewarts had small kids around but I imagine Izzy is just as wild as Robert and his cousins were back in the day.
Izzy was a bit shy and clung to aunt Mer Mer....(and I have no idea why I didn't get my camera out for picture with BMa and Poppy - sorry about that!)
Sunday was another time change (huge groan from me here) but I got up early, I mean on time! We visited Roberts home church at Timberline, which I always enjoy - they are so friendly and warm there - it was fun for Izzy to meet lots of people who've known Robert all his life. They liked her curly hair and got a kick out of her running all over the place!
After nap we went to see MerMer & Aarons new casa- which was so cute! Izzy enjoyed exploring the backyard and even held a lizard Papa caught for her! Izzy chowed down on the BBQ dinner and then kept eating & eating. Papa was convinced she had a wooden leg that night!
Monday morning Izzy spent with Mim & daddy while mommy slept until 11 (Yes, it was amazing!) then we grabbed some subs and headed to the beach at Carabelle. It was a better beach trip this time (no sunblock catastrophe), but Izzy couldn't stand to have her feet in the sand, so she spent most of the time sitting with Mim eating cheetos. The gulls enjoyed that - and grabbed them right out of Izzy's hands. Izzy didn't like them stealing her chips, but otherwise thought those stupid birds were great.
golf
We ate at (yummy) Red Elephant for lunch and again Izzy went wild. Sigh. We all tried not to let her see us laughing at her crazy behavior, but it was hard not to laugh sometimes....After nap we went to see MerMer & Aarons new casa- which was so cute! Izzy enjoyed exploring the backyard and even held a lizard Papa caught for her! Izzy chowed down on the BBQ dinner and then kept eating & eating. Papa was convinced she had a wooden leg that night!
She knew she shouldn't be jumping, thus her look. But she also knew Papa lets her do pretty much anything!

Papa found a little gecko for her to hold. And yes, she grabbed it and held onto it a minute until it started squirming around!
Not sure of all the water and sand. But she said Ocean and it was so cute!
The gulls flying all around didn't phase this little one.
This is the closest we got to making a sand castle!
We came back and went to see Aarons baseball game- they won and we froze! Izzy played with Kate from church and we chased her all around. Papa came and taught Izzy how to swing on the big girl swing which was cool! I was shocked when I looked up to see her swinging! We had dinner at Moes (one of our personal favs to grab) then home to play some more with Izzy. She was exhausted and went to bed perfectly!Tuesday was our last day, so we borrowed Papa from work and went to the Tallahassee Jr Museum (cool place- basically a mini outdoor zoo) Izzy ran all over or was carried by her Papa while we saw farm animals, alligator, Fl panther, bears, etc. Izzy tried to touch the snake during a class and would have but we left because we didn't want to interupt! Not sure why she'll touch reptiles but doesn't like her feet to be sandy?! She is a crazy girl!
As Izzy says, a Baa Baa!
We had lunch at chick fil A (Izzy's fav), then headed home for a nap! I read a book outside and enjoyed the heat for a change! Felt great after this FREEZING winter we had!
Daddy cooked lasagna for dinner that night, then we headed out for a quick shopping date...Izzy ha fun with everyone back at he house and after giving them all hugs and kisses went to bed. When we got back we enjoyed yummy cheesecake and watched How to train your dragon - pretty funny pixar movie (I'd never heard of it). Since we haven't watched a new(er) movie in over a year, I'm glad it was at least a good one that had me laughing! (We really don't get out much!)
And that was our break. Busy but fun! Hope we keep getting to have time with family! I came home with 500 pictures of this trip - I can never decide which ones are the best!! I'm just glad to see Izzy so happy and so loved by her family in all the many photos!
Comments
Post a Comment