May has begun!
Okay, I feel like the world is spinning around me and there is no way to get all the things I need to done...like our yard is out of control with weeds! At least Izzy doesn't mind! She thinks the weeds are flowers and enjoys picking them for us!
May is here and we are BUSY! Not only with the usual work and watch Izzy routine, but we have a lot of things going on this month! So this post will hopefully catch me up again. I have a millions things I've wanted to blog but almost no energy to stay up during naps to write about them. And of course every evening I'm home, I'd just rather relax with my sweet hubby!
Izzy has a new favorite toy almost every time we turn around - apparently she doesn't have attachment issues! She has lots of favorite toys that she loves on, including her 3 horses that she sometimes refuses to put down! She insisted they eat too this night! I think it's because she is a happy girl who gets so much lovin'!
I feel like we had a FOREVER long winter and Spring is just now arriving. With all the rough stormy weather lately and Izzy having more energy than ever, it's been tougher to entertain her lately. So we have been reading & learning lots (trying at least)! Izzy's a huge fan of the movie Finding Nemo, and especially love any fish or shark scenes. She has pick up the names of many sea creatures and her vocabulary has exploded. She can name at least 15 underwater creatures without any problem - and its the cutest thing to hear her say big words! She is also getting obsessed with Elmo these days so we're reading lots of Sesame street books and learning to count. Izzy is starting to get it, but counts like this: 2, 3, 4, 6! I have never heard her say 1 or 5 and for as much as she talks all day, that's just weird to me! But we're working on it!
This is Izzy dancing around while watching Finding Nemo, the part when Darla comes to the dentist office and Nemo escapes - she laughs hysterically!
I am starting to plan Izzy's 2nd birthday party (Finding Nemo theme) and having a lot of fun imagining her enjoying all the fish/Nemo stuff that day! It's kinda sad, but I'm more excited about her birthday's than mine!
Also in May, we celebrated my 28th birthday over the course of the weekend... Fun, fun, fun. It's really weird that I'm 28...like I graduated from high school 10 years ago! I used to think this year was eons away, but here were are. Anywhoo - to celebrate, we went out to Olive Garden (I love ITALIAN food, but the Nashville Marathon was the next day and apparently all the runners love Italian too, so our fav restaurant was booked up!) Robert made me a pistachio cake, YUMMY! It's a family favorite that Izzy also seems to love! Saturday morning I slept in til 11 while Robert watched Izzy. It's always a nice treat to sleep in (when I didn't work the night before). We enjoyed a day at home playing and then back to work for me. On Sunday, my actual birthday Robert grilled steaks (they are always mouth-watering good!) and my bro, Sis & B-I-L came over for that too! Good food, good times, good birthday!
Izzy was actually somewhat tired from all the excitement!
Also keeping us busy is our preparations for our big upcoming VACA to Dublin (that we just paid for in full, love that feeling!) The count down until we leave has begun... 3 weeks! Yay!! It will be fun to go to Ireland, but we are really excited to see our friends Craig & Merschon who moved there to be missionaries last year!
That is AWESOME that your trip is paid in full!!! I know that you feel good about that :) Looking forward to the Finding Nemo b-day party.
ReplyDelete