Last pool Horrah of the Season

At the ripe ol' age of 26 months, Izzy has turned into quite the waterbaby. It's a shame the summer is ending, because with a little more practice, I think she'd be on her way to swimming in no time!


Of course she is wild and fearless, adventerous and good at doing new things, but with water, it's always been a bit different. She has had a bit of reserve in the past when it came to water since she didn't care for it to go up her nose or in her eyes. Today was different though - she plunged in with little hesitation and didn't care when water covered her head. It started with her sliding down the 3.5 ft slide into a foot or so of water. First time she went mostly under, I had told her to blow the water out of her nose, so she popped up and did that and went again and again. and 100 more times after that. I was shocked but happy to see she'd figured out to go underwater.

I was even more shocked when she went down the 14 ft slide into 5 ft of water, completely submerged for several seconds. Her response when I grabbed her and pulled her up out of the water - "again, Mommy! go again!" She can barely speak full sentences but she can dunk herself in the water no problemo!

It was a great day out in the sun seeing her have a good time and visiting with our friends.
It's a shame the pools have to close after this weekend. She's gonna miss it but thrilled when they reopen next May. I just hope baby #2 likes the water plenty so we can chase big sis Izzy around the pool!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever