Shopping for my kid(s)!

Today is truely the first time I actually thought about what it will be like to have kid(s) - 2 KIDS to shop for. It is still a weird thought to me, but I'm sure I'll get used to it soon. I think the main thing that was odd that I had to hit up both the girl and boy section. I know that is sorta stating the obvious, but I'm more of a "browser" than a shopper. I see something, think about it, go back to it, look at it, browse some more, repeat. So what did I do? I went back and forth from the girls to the boys side several times. And it took forever! We were there for a total of 2 1/2 hours shopping. So I guess I better improve my shopping skills now that I have two kiddos to shop for now. All in all, it was successful trip and I got a lot of needed things for really cheap - mostly play clothes but a few nice outfits too.
Izzy was a great companion, but with so much room to run around and explore and lots of kid toys and clothes to discover, she had a lot of temptation going on. At one point, I, um... actually lost Izzy - for 8 minutes - which freaked me out. Really, it came down to Izzy likes to run. And I mean she likes to RUN as fast as she can. I really underestimated how fast she could get after ducking through the clothes and me walking 20 feet around the rack to go get here - she got farther away than I ever figured she could and it took me 8 of the longest minutes ever to relocate her again! Scariness. Hope that doesn't happen again!
She has no trouble staying near mommy when a sucker is offered!
We left loaded down and ready to be dressed warm this winter!
The thing I like about consignment sales is that I will be able to pass the clothes on or consign the majority of it back when they outgrow it. I love a good sale, even if it takes awhile to shop for so much!!!

We crashed at Chick Fil A for lunch and then went home for a nap after that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever