11 Years and a 1st time riding a roller coaster together!

Robert and I celebrated our 11th wedding Anniversary this year! It is both strange how it seems like we've always been married, yet it has flown by at the same time. We were joking about how we hadn't rode a roller coaster since high school when it dawned on us, that was right before we started dating/got married and we'd never gone to a theme park together.

Walt Disney World!
(my first time to any of the Disney parks, so I was pretty excited!)
Since we are now Floridians, Disney World was chosen to be our getaway for a few days. We had a great time hanging out, just the two of us - and am happy I finally got to go to DW. We knew the kids would be jealous, but plan to take them once the weather cools down a bit. The whole time we kept making notes about what to bring/not bring/do/no do when we come back with the kiddos! We actually almost bought annual passes, we had such a great time!

Cinderella's carriage. 

We went to Hollywood studios our first day and it turns out it was Star Wars week. We got to see many of the characters from these awesome movies while we walked around, which Robert especially enjoyed.
We saw Chewy! he. was. HUGE!
Darth Vader
Lots of storm troopers everywhere.
We both really enjoyed seeing the live show of how high speed car & motorcycle scenes are filmed. The live Indiana Jones show was cool too - very fun to see all the special effects filmed. I loved Indiana Jones growing up, so that was a highlight for me!

We rode Aerosmith's Rockin' Roller Coaster and it surprised both of us, but it was a terrific roller coaster to go on. I screamed most the time... We were both caught off guard when it had said "a roller-coaster-like ride" and nothing about glasses, hats off or purses anywhere but the floor. We almost lost all of those 3 things! But actually, it was awesome!

We had some ice cream while rocking out to Aerosmith. pretty Fun actually.

Our kids LOVE Big HERO6. We saw BeyMax and knew we'd have to bring our kids back one day.
We were worn out so we relaxed in the pool and enjoyed some yummy steaks at Outback that night. Even without kids, we ended up going to sleep early as it had been such a busy, exhausting week!
Vacation with just the Hubs was perfect! (and much needed)

Epcot was up the next day. I'm pretty sure it's also  "the most food ever" place, but we loved this park! Iespecially loved Epcot because of all the different "countries" you can visit there.  We took in all the sights and much of the food while walking around, touring each country...Mexico, Germany, Norway, Italy, Morocco, Japan, China, France, Canada and England.
Soarin' was the ride I loved the most there - it is a simulator that makes it feel as though you are hang-gliding and it was a fun experience. Now I think it would be awesome to hang-glide in real life!
Adding that to my #bucketlist.

After that we rode the Finding Nemo ride, and then toured their aquarium. Lots of dolphins, manatees, sharks, sea turtles and fish to see!


We had lunch in Mexico

This was inside the Mexican restaurant. Pretty cool. 


This is the ride that takes you up into the Epcot ball. 

Exploring Norway. Frozen apparently is in this country. 

China was next

We had some gelatto in Italy!

I loved all the beautiful flowers and buildings.

more Italy...someday I'm going to Italy for real!

France

Great Britain

Canada



Morrocco had a really cool outdoor market and live music!

Everyone was dancing to the Moroccan band. 

Eiffel Tour! 



Great Britain...wanted fish & chips, but it was too hot! (and early)

Canada was special for me. I found some Tim Hortons coffee too. Had to get that!
Stopped for more live music in Great Britain.


We ate so much good food throughout the day,  then swam and relaxed by the pool a bunch when we done. It was definitely a needed and fun getaway!


We finished our mini vacay with a leisurely trip to IKEA, including breakfast where we got more great things for our house. It poured hard all day, so it was good we didn't end up going to more Disney Parks on our last day.
It was a wonderful long weekend and I look forward to many more anniversaries with my best friend (and many more trips to DW too)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever