Exploring Florida's Gulf

For my birthday, I really wanted to enjoy some good seafood. The Blue Crab Festival was happening this weekend, so we drove down to Panacea to check things out. We missed the parade (I don't mind that though)...but still enjoyed walking around and of course, I was thrilled to get some delicious crab to eat.

Izzy opted to get her face painted first. We browsed around all the vendors, and let the kids get a souvenir each. Levi was content to play on the playground. We also enjoyed the live music and a walk out on the pier. After that, we spent a lot of time exploring all the sea creatures in the mobile gulf-aquarium. Izzy was brave and picked up pretty much everything (which was permitted). A very cool, safe way to explore all the things you may see in the ocean!

Levi, fearless Levi would have jumped over the rails if we had let him. 
Our beautiful butterfly!

Being goofy!

One day we will have to come back and go kayaking out here!
Me and the hubs! 
This guy was for sale. Izzy requested him. I had to veto that. 

So many crab, starfish and sponges to see!

Levi was timid at first.

The blue horseshoe crabs were very active.






Getting brave


Izzy's favorite were the starfish!



Mommy was a bit brave too! Had to hold these horseshoe crabs upside down though!


After the crab festival, we drove a short ways over to St.Marks Park & Lighthouse. We didn't climb all the way up the lighthouse, but did get to go inside. Then we took a walk through the marsh and spotted a gator too! Izzy and Levi were surprised to find lots of cacti. Izzy knew they grew in dessert climates only. She knows a lot of interesting (and accurate) facts- that always surprises me! She seems so grown up these days! Levi follows Izzy around most of the time, but also likes to run and explore on his own too. He especially likes to climb things.





The sun was shining so brightly, I couldn't see anything to take a picture! Glad they turned out!

Our little climbers!











I spy a gator!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever