Chopped!

Finally! Izzy's LONG, LONG, CURLY, MESSY hair is cut short & sassy for Summer!
I have been hesitant to cut it for a long time. I'm not entirely sure why. She has had many cuts acutally: she cut it herself last Fall, which made me incredibly sad;  I had cut it pretty short (accidently) when she was 2, and she has had many, many trims over the last 4 years too. Her hair just keeps growing though! She is sure blessed with some healthy hair.

The main reason Izzy we ended up cutting it is because her daddy and myself had such a ridiculously difficult time brushing to take care of. It usually looked like a bee-hive or a rat's nest half the time. Seriously. It was BAD.
When she let me take care of it (she felt brushing it was pure torture), it did have some good hair days where I just loved it. But honestly, it wasn't her.
Short hair suits her well. She's happy. I'm happy. It all worked out in the end. She looks a bit more grown up, but that just comes with a big girl haircut. All a part of growing up, I suppose.
Kinda makes me want to chop mine...We'll see what happens!


Before; Long/Curly/Tangly

Before.

After. Short & Sassy!

I love it! She does too!






Before...took over an hour to dry and straighten her hair, but then I'd have 3-4 days of no tangles...
Loved her long hair.
bye bye long hair! Hello Summer 'do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever