Pumpkins and Tinkerbell
I love being a mom, especially at holidays because holidays are filled with plenty of hustle and bustle and tons of activity to celebrate and make memories and let your kids do tons of new things and learn and enjoy life.
However, I wasn't sure we'd be able to get everything together in time to celebrate/enjoy Halloween this year, but somehow we managed. Since we moved into our house the week before Halloween, everything is still a chaotic mess and we are both working full time. So, we decided to sit back and relax on Saturday - God knows we're worn out and needed some rest. Also Izzy's got a bit of a cold and it's starting to drop down to cooler temps here now.
So we set out to enjoy pumpkin spice lattes and carve pumpkins to celebrate Halloween this year. But then we decided to briefly take Izzy to a trunk or treat at a church down the road and Izzy discovered candy and is in love with it. I cringe even now thinking about how we let her eat some candy (only 4 pieces) but with all the craziness with the move we've put her through, she has been a champ and not been fussy or hard to deal with once. She went to bed a happy camper and Robert and I enjoyed takeout and watching Van Helsing (our traditional Halloween movie -because it's not too scary for me to watch!)
I love that she is up for anything and loves new experiences.
Mark came over and really wanted to take her trick or treating and paint us all up, but we dissapointed him with our exhaustion. Izzy wan't quite sure what to think of Mark as a "plasma bank donor victim" and just stared at hime. Not too many smiles this weekend for this sick kiddo. Next year we'll decorate more, and get more into the festivities of the season! I'm sure my brother won't let me forget that!
Why did we cut this thing up? Izzy wasn't impressed with our carving her pumpkin. I was worried she was going to cry. (It's probably because she didn't feel good, but she really loved carrying around her little pumpkin) Poor thang, we cut up her pumpkin. note to self for next year, get one to keep intact!
Sweet Tinkerbell
Mark putting the word out about plasma bank donor victims...
Comments
Post a Comment