14 weeks recap
Recap: 8-14 weeks pregnant already! Time is flying by this time!!
starting back at 8 weeks....
Let me tell you, it was sooo hard to keep it a secret when you have your entire family and your husbands' entire family in one place at one time (usually we are all in 4 different states) But, we felt it was too early to tell and kept it a secret at Izzy's birthday party. Sorry if you wanted to hear in person...I have all the random symptoms of pregnancy (heartburn, mask of pregnancy - my face turns brown, bloody noses, increased saliva, and peeing all the time!) But otherwise I'm feeling pretty lucky not to be nauseated or pukey at all! ...pretty sure it's just my family genes - my mom, me & my big sis have easy pregnancies - thank goodness!
Let me tell you, it was sooo hard to keep it a secret when you have your entire family and your husbands' entire family in one place at one time (usually we are all in 4 different states) But, we felt it was too early to tell and kept it a secret at Izzy's birthday party. Sorry if you wanted to hear in person...I have all the random symptoms of pregnancy (heartburn, mask of pregnancy - my face turns brown, bloody noses, increased saliva, and peeing all the time!) But otherwise I'm feeling pretty lucky not to be nauseated or pukey at all! ...pretty sure it's just my family genes - my mom, me & my big sis have easy pregnancies - thank goodness!
9 weeks was the first time we went to see the OB Doc. I was sad to not have Dr Gray who delivered Izzy, but since we moved, that wasn't an option. I chose Dr Saig, who is really nice, good at what she does and easygoing. It doesn't hurt that I run into her at work all the time so if I need to ask her questions I usually can. The ultrasound put my due date as 2/4/12, pretty much matching my LMP with a due date as 2/5/12. I'm glad to know my exact dates because I'm sure I'll go over with this one too and I'd hate to be 42 weeks instead of 40 by my due date (random OB RN thought in me, I know, but I really think about these things!). Anyhow, the baby was already bouncing around and seems as healthy & active as big sis, Izzy was!
10 weeks and we announced to all our family that our SECOND kiddo is on the way! They were all thrilled and (almost all) were surprised to hear Izzy will soon be a BIG SIS!! We pretty much had to tell everyone on skype or via phone, but I did get to tell my sister Cheree & brother Mark in person. (Again, I really wish we'd just known sooner to tell at Izzy's party though).
I'm beyond bloated and starting to outgrow the majority of my summer shorts. I prefer to wear sundresses but that's not ideal for chasing around busy Izzy. Still feeling good, just tired. Told my bosses at work I want to go down to 24/hr a week after my maternity leave. They have me on the list for party time - so please pray that works out by next summer!!
11 weeks
12 weeks

My hair is growing fabulously - I'm very thankful for that! (Hoping it doesn't fall out this time 'round - yes it really fell out with Izzy! Yikes!). Also, started to have less heartburn so that had me wondering if everything was still okay....I went to check on baby at work with the doppler and was surprised to find it several inches above my pelvis - way higher than expected but heart rate sounded good. Whew.
We shared the news with facebook and it was fun to get so much encouragment from friends and family! I know it's just the beginning but I'm excited to see this one grow like I did with Izzy!!
I randomly started feeling extra dizzy and had to keep laying down. I also am already feeling some movement - call it quickening or whatever, but I definetly feel a butterf ly feeling in my lower belly from time to time!
13 weeks and I'm tired, but looking forward to having more energy (soon, I hope!!)
I've been so tired this week, I forgot to take a picture, oops! Izzy is starting to say there's a baby inside Mommy's tummy (she jumps on us a lot, so I have to really emphasize for her to stay away from my belly) It's adorable to hear her talk about it and I know she is going to love having a baby around. She has been much more obsessed with baby dolls lately and is very good at helping me (bringing me things I ask for and behaving really well). Occasionally I have a few nervous thoughts of how will I take care of 2 kids, but mostly I am at peace with the idea.
14 weeks
14 weeks. No hiding it now - I'm sticking out...even noticed my belly button starting to get flat (it poked out early with Izzy, and I'm sure it will soon!) I look like I did at 17 or 18 weeks with Izzy - all my weight gain (4 lbs) is in my belly and I'm carrying high again. I did some spying at work and got some pretty convincing glimpses of the gender, but we won't share until we know for sure in another 6 weeks or so! The dizziness subsided and I still don't have much heartburn, but man am I exhausted all the time! I can barely wake up and I count the hours until naptime each day! I really hope that passes soon. So overall, things are going well and I am feeling very BLESSED that I have easy pregnancies & enjoy this time.
...and Not to leave out BIG SIS: She always wants to have her picture taken when mommy does, but doesn't get why! So cute!
Comments
Post a Comment