Lazy August Dayz!

There have been few days in August with the temps lower than 90s all day...so we have retreated indoors for lots of Lazy Days! Izzy doesn't seem to mind the heat, but the heat sure is getting to this momma. Now that I'm in the second trimester, I keep finding myself very faint and lightheaded doing the simplest things - so Izzy's been laying low with me for a few weeks now.

We go out at least once a day for some activity. If not, then Robert takes her out in the evenings for a walk, wagon ride or playing in the back yard. She loves it and doesn't seem to mind the sweat that drips down her face as she plays (not my cup of tea at all!) Izzy is hot natured and unfazed by the crazy heat and humidity that surrounds us each day. She does like to wear very little clothes (like mommy did at her age).


She is growing like a weed and her vocabulary is constantly growing. She is picking up little phrases and saying a whole lot more sentences lately which has been pretty hilarious to listen to.


She still likes to talk in 3rd person, refering to herself as Izzy all the time, but starting to say I a bit more too. Mostly we hear phrases like "Izzy do it", "Izzy can do it", "Izzy can run fast", "Izzy can go to her big girl bed", "Izzy can eat a popcicle!"...and so on! I'm just thankful she doesn't have a deep southern accent (yet) or talk baby-talk. I'm proud of her speech and her big vocabulary. She is just growing up so fast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever