Wilson Co Fair


10 years together and Robert and I have never gone to the fair together. Not sure how that happened, but after this year, I know that will change. Being (fairly) new to a city, I try to listen and ask about what others do with their families/kiddos and if it sounds like our kind of outing, I usually convince Robert to head out to try it. Going to the Wilson Co Fair was one of those outings - usually it's a spontaneous decisin like, "hey, I'm off tonight and we could totally squeeze this in and grab dinner somewhere in there too, wanna go?" and Robert goes with it!
...And Izzy, well the girl LOVES those spontaneous outings we do - and boy, does she ever soak it all in. She was talking about the fair for days after we went. She is like me in that way- always likes to try out something new!

(I forgot my camera, UGH - but thankfully the iPhone is never far!)

She was in love with all the animals. Here she is with the bunny rabbits.
Petting the goats - scary but exciting too!
That is one large momma cow.
Her smile is always a mile wide :)
Daddy and Izzy enjoyed yummy funnel cakes! Always a favorite!
Naturally, Izzy knew you just dig right in! we had a nice break in the shade watching lots of people go by and all the lights and music of the rides...a huge deal for a 2 year old!
And I finally got some fried pickles!!! I've been craving them for awhile now! Soooo good!
Izzy was ready to jump on every single ride! She got to ride the spinning monkeys with Daddy and loved that but was not happy when it stopped. She ran up to several lines and tried to jump through the gate to get on (She was actually too short for most rides). So I'm hoping she's a bit taller next year to ride more!

Wilson County Fair, we loved you! We will be back next year for sure!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever