2 Tough Days and 4 Molars later

Izzy's just not feeling good this week...
Getting big is hard to do! This week was rough because Izzy's TEETHING again! Which means she is running at a slower pace and overall not feeling great. She has been clingy and fussy and miserable. (she did not have any problems with her 1st 8, but we have learned molars are different)
We noticed that she was gradually eating less and less food this week, but also that she had been going nuts over cold carrot sticks and apples. Then, the past 2 days have were got worse for her though - she has not slept well or eaten much and was running 100-101 temps.

It's sooo very hard to see your sweet baby feel so miserable. We figured teething was the culprit, but it took us getting our fingers bitten, to know for sure she was getting in her molars all at once, ALL 4 back molars at once!! Poor thang. She has handled it way better than I expected her to, and still manages to smile, play and charm everyone even though she seems so pitiful. This has also meant plenty of time holding her -which is just weird for her. She NEVER sits still, so we are loving on her lots and it seems to be helping some.

Sadly, I had to work during her two toughest days, but Robert was home and took great care of her (as he always does). That helps me so much when I'm gone at work for 12+ hour days. I love having a spouse who takes just as good of care of our kids as I do, so I don't have to worry about them at all.

She is already eating better and drinking more. And now she gets to eat even more types of food- a big bonus for such a good eater!
For instance - the apple is a new favorite snack that she'll carry around and chomp away at for about an hour! (I realize it's kinda gross, but she REALLY likes it!)
13 months old and 12 teeth! Wow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever