Lightening speed and a bump

Today Izzy is feeling much better, and for that we are all thankful. She is still pretty tired from missing sleep the past few days while her molars came through, but she has been as busy as ever -which we now know it doesn't matter how wiped out Izzy is, she still has lightening speed and incredible strength.
The story behind this one started when I had just gone up to change Izzy and was playing with her in the nursery/room where we stay (upstairs) when Robert came up to check his temperature (he's not feeling great today). And shortly after he came up, I was putting away a bag by the stairs and the next thing I hear was a small bang, followed by a huge crash bang and Izzy screaming - she ran from 20 feet away,where she had been playing next to Robert at the window, (he looked down briefly to see his temperature reading) and in no time flat, Izzy ran all the way over to the stairs, and slipped through past the ottoman that was only 2 1/2" away from completely covering the stairs - and DOWN the stairs she rolled. Apparently she hurled herself down and only bounced once, landing on her head. I looked over to see her land and was worried, but got down to her quickly and realized she was fine.
My heart was racing for awhile after that though, and I felt terrible. I'm just thankful that Izzy is so flexible and still rolly-polly so that she had extra padding for the crash landing!
Robert and I were amazed at how quickly everything happened, but very relieved she was okay.
She was pretty scared and has a small knot on her head, but no cuts or bruises luckily. She was back to playing by the stairs within 5 minutes. Even now, as I type this, she is over there, trying to climb up the stairs, so I guess she has forgotten the big event already!
(...almost, that is)
Izzy showing me how she grabs the camera with her quick moves :)
In the meantime, we now know that due to her strength, speed and smarts, we can't let this one out of our sight for even an instant!!
It's been a very big day for all of us. I think we are all looking forward to bedtime soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever