First haircut!!
For several weeks - no months- Izzy's hair has gotten to be longer and way more unruly. With being almost 2 1/2 years old and no prior haircuts, it was no surprise she had grown a baby mullet -full of curly, wavey, and straight hair all mixed in growing 5 directions at once!
Ponytails worked well, but that was only on the days I was home and could wrestle her down to get them in. Daddy was rarely even able to get her hair brushed, let alone put up. So I knew the time had come to cut off her cute little locks for the first time.
It went fairly smoothly - one night I had finally had enough and put her on my lap after bath to cut her hair. She sat for all of 4 minutes then moved on to the bathroom - we finished up while she sat on the potty. (Interestingly enough, she now associates the toilet is where put flush our hair down!)
In total I cut at least 4" off the back and tons more off the sides....The sides are a bit shorter and still dont curl like the back does, but it's still bouncy and cute. We can still do ponytails and pigtails and best of all - Daddy can get her hair to look decent before heading out the door!
She seems to like it too and talks about her hair cut frequently! I think next time, we may head to the salon though and I'm sure she'll love that too!

Baby Mullet exhibit A!

Last time to brush her "long" hair....which I'm sure will grow back, but this Momma teared up while cutting it off!

Last time to brush her "long" hair....which I'm sure will grow back, but this Momma teared up while cutting it off!
Ta-da!! I love the back (the front is cute, just shorter than I wanted)
Comments
Post a Comment