Aunt Cheree



In April, I was lucky to have my big sis, Cheree come from North Carolina and spend several days hanging out, preparing for baby, and attend the baby shower with me. It was really special because she gave me one of those extra special gifts that you never expect and it just blows you away! It was a bilum from Papua New Guinea. (where I was born...a bilum is a hand-woven carrier the women there wear on their heads to carry their children around with them wherever they go.) she had got it several years earlier on a trip (PNG is 15,000 miles away, folks) and had remembered it for my shower. When I peaked in the bag, I saw what it was and recognized it right away. I stopped my laughing and chatting because I was speechless! I even started to cry - it was just so thoughtful and touching! I was pretty much 100% caught off guard and we had a cool sister moment! Thanks Aunt Cheree for the bilum for Isabella! You're awesome! Love ya!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever