"Babymoon" in Cancun
Robert and I had saved all this money for if I had any antepartum problems and was not able to work. Since things were going well in the pregnancy, I convinced Robert we needed a vacation before baby arrived. so we packed up and went on a "Babymoon" -trip to Cancun, MEXICO for a week when I was 24 weeks. talk about awesome rest and relaxation - and nothing to plan or worry about once we arrived! they picked us up at the airport & took us to the hotel (everyone thought we were newlyweds-ha!!)It was an all-inclusive resort, which was perfect for me - no decisions to make, all the food I could eat anytime of the day! and no mess to clean up! we had a choice between 7 restaurants and we just ordered whatever we wanted whenever!! SOOO nice! We had a wonderful time together just sitting on the beach or at the pool, enjoying good food and each others' company and some good books. Did I mention the weather was perfect and the water was gorgeous? It was a much needed time to get away from the business of our hectic lives and recharge! This has been the craziest semester by far for Robert, and I had just started a new job at the "babyfactory" and was on a much faster pace working at Germantown than I had been at North. It was different to travel when pregnant (actually I ended up running though the Houston airport to make our flight and scared several people and myself - I dont run when un-pregant and I pulled my groin - ugh!) but I enjoyed all the special treatment people give preggo girls! when we would answer 2 people for a table, all the staff at the hotel was always saying, "party for 3" then grinning really big! the ladies would always rub my belly -so funny! when we went kayaking the man looked a bit nervous for me, but saw that I had no problems getting around and let me go anyways!
Even if I'm pregnant or have 10 kids, I will always travel because it is such a big part of who I am and there is so much beautiful world to experience!
Comments
Post a Comment