Let's Hit the Road!
Isabella gets to know her carseat well this summer!


This is me in Hong Kong with my parents...1984
I grew up as a MK (missionary kid), was born in Papua New Guinea to a Canadian mother and American Father, then married Robert from Florida while going to University in Arkansas...so naturally I expect Isabella to be just as much a traveler as I am, after all, it's in her blood now!
To Roberts dismay, but our families Joy, Isabella got an early introduction to road trips...at 20 days old, we drove to Tallahassee, Florida to visit all of her Daddy's family. That was a very LONG 13 hours in a car (one way)! but once we got there we had a really great time visiting family for 10 days and actually got to do a lot of R&R ourselves! Isabella got to meet Robert's sister Meredith & her husband Aaron as well as his grandparents and extended family. she also learned how HOT it is in Florida...and we learned what to do about heat rash and baby acne!
Isabella comfortably sleeping on Aunt Meredith!

at 7 1/2 weeks, we drove to Columbus, Ohio to go my family reunion so Izzy can meet all her Canadian family (they meet us halfway). Add another 11 hours logged of road trip (again, one way). We spent 4 days hanging out, playing games, going to the pool and even a trip to the Zoo! This trip went much smoother as far as how she did in the car - she even learned that once we put her in the carseat, she knows it will be awhile until the next stop and just played then went to sleep very easily!
at 9 weeks, we finally made it to Searcy Arkansas to visit family and friends there!
Isabella's 1st time in a pool! she never changed her expression once!

While traveling with a newborn is not ideal, Isabella did really well. We have learned a lot about her - she is very social, doesn't mind noise at all (thanks to my family!), we can be flexible with her schedule and she does okay, we can still do things we love and she can sleep 9 1/2 hrs through the night!
I grew up far away from much of my family and so I know I wished I had been able to see them more, so we will do what we can to make sure Isabella sees her family as much as she can!
Travel stats for Isabella at 9 weeks old: 2,800 miles driving, approximately 27 hours to cover 7 states: Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Ohio, and Arkansas!

This is me in Hong Kong with my parents...1984
I grew up as a MK (missionary kid), was born in Papua New Guinea to a Canadian mother and American Father, then married Robert from Florida while going to University in Arkansas...so naturally I expect Isabella to be just as much a traveler as I am, after all, it's in her blood now!
To Roberts dismay, but our families Joy, Isabella got an early introduction to road trips...at 20 days old, we drove to Tallahassee, Florida to visit all of her Daddy's family. That was a very LONG 13 hours in a car (one way)! but once we got there we had a really great time visiting family for 10 days and actually got to do a lot of R&R ourselves! Isabella got to meet Robert's sister Meredith & her husband Aaron as well as his grandparents and extended family. she also learned how HOT it is in Florida...and we learned what to do about heat rash and baby acne!
Isabella comfortably sleeping on Aunt Meredith!
at 7 1/2 weeks, we drove to Columbus, Ohio to go my family reunion so Izzy can meet all her Canadian family (they meet us halfway). Add another 11 hours logged of road trip (again, one way). We spent 4 days hanging out, playing games, going to the pool and even a trip to the Zoo! This trip went much smoother as far as how she did in the car - she even learned that once we put her in the carseat, she knows it will be awhile until the next stop and just played then went to sleep very easily!
at 9 weeks, we finally made it to Searcy Arkansas to visit family and friends there!
Isabella's 1st time in a pool! she never changed her expression once!
While traveling with a newborn is not ideal, Isabella did really well. We have learned a lot about her - she is very social, doesn't mind noise at all (thanks to my family!), we can be flexible with her schedule and she does okay, we can still do things we love and she can sleep 9 1/2 hrs through the night!
I grew up far away from much of my family and so I know I wished I had been able to see them more, so we will do what we can to make sure Isabella sees her family as much as she can!
Travel stats for Isabella at 9 weeks old: 2,800 miles driving, approximately 27 hours to cover 7 states: Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Ohio, and Arkansas!
Comments
Post a Comment