Robert's Take: Childbirth
This is technically Angela's blog, but I figured I would chime in every now and then to offer my own perspective on life as a new parent. First of all, I have to say that I'm proud of my wife for how she was during labor. Being a man, there is nothing I experience that I can really compare to the feeling of childbirth (as most women are only too eager to point out). Us men have come up with creative ways to describe the physical act of having a child, such as stretching your lower lip over your head, putting your fist through your nostril, or putting a watermelon through an orange (none of which I've done, either). But the reality is that we will never be able to fully comprehend the pain associated with having a baby (kidney stones notwithstanding). Angela already laid out the details of Izzy's birth, but let me tell you, it was miraculous in every way. She was amazing, despite the pain she was in. And contrary to my expectations, she didn't yell obscenities at me! Needless to say, I will never complain about pain again. Unless my fist does, in fact, end up going through my nostril.
- Robert
- Robert
Comments
Post a Comment