Looking back....
Robert and I got married young -at age 21, and seemed like we were stuck in University-life forever. I was in nursing school and Robert was continuing on to get his masters (he has 1 more year left-Woohoo!!) anyhow- we decided to wait several years, figuring when the "perfect time to start a family" came, we would. Finally we realized that time was probably not going to just come - so in august 2008, we decided we would go ahead and try to have a baby - then BAM like that, we were expecting a baby! It was funny, I had just picked up a second job and knew my current position was going to be gone in the fall, but I was at peace with our decision to start a family then. I truely gave it all up to God and just didn't worry (I am a big planner and always want things my way, on my time, etc..) After working a night shift one morning, I came home, couldn't sleep and knew something was off about me, I love my sleep and can sleep anytime, anywhere! I didn't know I was pregnant, but I knew I didn't feel like myself. so just because I took a pregnancy test and voila -it was positive. Robert and I were in disbelief at how quickly things had started to roll after all this time and just laughed with excitement!! I have been delivering babies for 3 years as an L&D RN and couldn't wait to have my own baby someday, now all of a sudden, it was my turn! Everything went really well, and I had no problems other than some major heartburn. I was able to work, even keep up my usual overtime pace until 18 weeks. However, I will say ignorance is bliss - when you know all the potential complications and see how easily things can go wrong, it makes having an intimate knowledge base of Obstetrics very scary when you're the pregnant one!
Comments
Post a Comment