Dang placenta brain wont go away!
I have the worst habit of losing my keys, wallet, and locking myself out of my car via my trunk. I do one of these 3 things at least once a month. And I totally blame placenta brain! for example, a few days ago, it was beautiful, and finally felt like spring. So I naturally went to take Izzy out for a walk (part of how I keep myself awake in the day is to walk with her). I had just got her in the stroller, threw my keys in the trunk (no, not intentionally), then closed the trunk. As soon as I did it, I knew I was locked out and was a bit panicked. I checked the apt, it was locked too. Right when I was about to call Robert to come home from work, he called to check on me, and say he was headed home (at 1 instead of 5 o'clock!) I was very obviously very relieved and happy Izzy and I werent stuck outside all day. We did take our walk anyways, which was nice, but it did get hot and Izzy wanted to roam around in the grass - apparently she'll eat grass and bugs without blinking twice! nice.
Izzy didn't seem to mind or care - she had a good time watching the geese, the fountain and loved feeling the breeze blow her hair. such a cutie!
My busy but happy spring girl! She wanted out to walk around, then sit on the ground and try to eat everything she could reach. fun, fun!
Then this week, I was trying to intentionally make sure not to throw my keys in the trunk while out. Izzy & I stopped by the Mall (in Memphis, remember) and I placed my keys ON the trunk, got Izzy settled in her stroller and into the mall I went. And shopped, and got some good deals. hunky dory, right? except, when I went to leave and was looking for my keys, I couldn't find them in the diaper bag. I had that sinking feeling that our car, (paid-for and fairly new) would be gone. I looked in the stroller just in case, then quickly headed out to the parking lot to see how lucky I'd be... I really could not believe my eyes when I saw the car sitting there, with my keys just laying on the trunk, ready for someone to come and drive away with it!
I am very fortunate because these crazy mishaps keep working out for me, but am afraid for what I'm going to do next. Robert I'm sure, is very worried about me too!
but hey, that's what happens when you play full-time mommy and full-time nurse. all kinds of crazy mishaps fall on ya!
Izzy didn't seem to mind or care - she had a good time watching the geese, the fountain and loved feeling the breeze blow her hair. such a cutie!
My busy but happy spring girl! She wanted out to walk around, then sit on the ground and try to eat everything she could reach. fun, fun!
Then this week, I was trying to intentionally make sure not to throw my keys in the trunk while out. Izzy & I stopped by the Mall (in Memphis, remember) and I placed my keys ON the trunk, got Izzy settled in her stroller and into the mall I went. And shopped, and got some good deals. hunky dory, right? except, when I went to leave and was looking for my keys, I couldn't find them in the diaper bag. I had that sinking feeling that our car, (paid-for and fairly new) would be gone. I looked in the stroller just in case, then quickly headed out to the parking lot to see how lucky I'd be... I really could not believe my eyes when I saw the car sitting there, with my keys just laying on the trunk, ready for someone to come and drive away with it!
I am very fortunate because these crazy mishaps keep working out for me, but am afraid for what I'm going to do next. Robert I'm sure, is very worried about me too!
but hey, that's what happens when you play full-time mommy and full-time nurse. all kinds of crazy mishaps fall on ya!

oh my goodness!!! so glad that your car didn't get stolen ;)
ReplyDelete