She must sleep with one eye open

I'm doing the final count down: 1 more week left!! (of working and watching Izzy, that is, soon Robert will be able to watch her full time again! Yay!!)...thank-goodness, because she completely wore me out today. Of course it doesn't help that work is insane these days and Izzy has a cold and doesn't feel well. Today, she decided to give up her morning nap, which was pretty rough on me. I came home and took a quick 1 hr nap only to wake up to put her down for her nap as Robert was off to work. Starting at 9:30, I rocked her briefly and put her down, but she was fussy for 10 minutes. I did that twice more, but no success (usually she'll fall asleep crying after only up to 5 minutes of crying) so I held her for 10 minutes and put her completely to sleep, but she kept opening one eye every time I adjusted, or started to lay her in the crib. Seriously, she knew I was going to lay her down and wouldn't go for that -smart girl! When my arms were about to fall off, and I thought she was sound asleep, I gently laid her down, but she immediately stood up and screamed for awhile. She temporarily quieted down, but never slept. I had to check on her twice more after that and then again at 10:40 I tried to rock her to sleep. She did the same one-eye open peeking from time to time to make sure I knew she was still awake and not to lay her down, I guess! At 11:00, when she had been a sleep and snoring in my arms, I tried to lay her down, but of course, she got mad, but this time, she stayed awake to play. Today all she wanted was to be held, which is tough because she never sleeps if we sit and hold her or lays down next to us, and I simply didn't have the energy to stand and hold her any longer...At this point my arm strength was all but gone and I could barely keep my eyes open. So I took her to the couch, put pillows all around us, held her and sang to her until I drifted off to sleep! She briefly fought me, but ended up playing quietly laying on me, crawling on me and sitting next to me for 30 minutes. She kicked and bounced a lot, and gave me 4 wet, sloppy kisses when I closed my eyes. Anyways, at 11:40, she was still being very good, but I could tell she was getting a little restless, so I fed her and suddenly she was good to go!
I hate that she is trying to give up her naps, and its frustrating when her schedule is rough on me, but I'm glad we both were able to figure out how to make it through a rough naptime! She was pretty happy the rest of the day. I was pretty useless the rest of the day, and we watched baby Mozart & baby Noah a lot. I'm just very thankful Robert came home early and I got to nap for 3 hours in the afternoon! whew, what a day!
 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever