8 years ago

...was March 26, 2002.  
Posted by Picasa

And that day was a gorgeous spring day, when I was a freshmen at Harding. Robert and I had been friends for several months, close friends who talked everyday, throughout the day for several weeks. It was Tuesday of Spring Sing week and he was my dance partner. I had just interviewed and got a job so I called him up after classes. Then we met for a walk around the front lawn and excitedly told him my good news. It turned into a 2 hour walk which eventually led to him asking me outand us walking around the gorgeous campus holding hands. It was a great day. We had a quick dinner at the Caf, followed by the evening performance of Spring Sing. For the finale, we held hands behind the curtain, pretty much forgetting to do the end dance, and I couldn't have been happier! That night, at curfew, I realized it was March 26 (the day my parents got engaged 27 years before) and I knew it then and announced to my roomamtes - I was going to marry Robert! I just always known!
 
Posted by Picasa

So today, 8 years later, we have been married for close to 6 years, we have an amazing 9 month old daughter, and we're still best friends and doing great! My Mom & Dad got to babysit Izzy for us some more (HUGE thanks to them!!) I planned a morning of relaxation for us - a couples' massage at a day SPA, (a big treat for us)Afterwards, we went to Hastings and looked through books and talked, followed by lunch. I had planned to eat at Bonefish Grill, but it wasn't opened for lunch. So we opted to eat at Moe's (one of our FAV places to eat at) Then back home to play with Izzy briefly, a nap for me this afternoon so I could work my 12 hrs tonight (That part stinks, but still I'm thankful for a really great day with my Sweeties!)...
It was nice to have morning for just us and to remember back to when we starting dating! I'm so glad we decided to "hook up" that day 8 years ago!! Happy Dating Anniversary! I love you Robert!!

Also, for breakfast this AM, Robert made a fabulous breakfast skillet - a great way to start the day! He is so wonderful!
 
Posted by Picasa

Happy Engagement Day to Mom & Dad too! I'm so thankful you came to babysit - I mean Visit!!

Comments

  1. So sweet!! glad to know you have a blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started after Izzy was born, mostly as a journal for me, but also to share with family & friends too - it's been fun to stumble across other peoples' blogs too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever