A little extra face time today
Seperation anxiety isn't something we have faced much lately, but I kinda think it's starting to creep in lately...
Since I had slept most of Sunday afternoon and evening after gettting off work, and Grandparents here last week to watch Izzy, she was very clingy with me today. After nursing her, I put her in her high chair for Robert to give her baby food (our usual routine). I walked away to start cleaning up or something and she immediately got upset and screaming. not her typical character. When I walked back towards her, she was a little happier, but she would NOT eat from Robert for anything. So we traded places, and I sat down to feed her. And wouldn't ya know -she immediatly became a happy little angel for me... It was sweet (for me at least) that she missed me so much and didn't want me to go. poor thing probably thought I was out the door for another 12 hrs or something!
I have also noticed that when we put her down for naps/bedtime, if she watches us leave, she hollers, but if she doesn't see us leave the room, not a peep. So we generally kiss her sweet cheeks, put her down (back to the wall) and run out of the nursery and close the door (well I run out anyways and hate it when I step on a noisy toy!). If she doesn't see us go, she'll play for awhile in her crib, then peacefully drifts off to sleep when she gets tired. It's glorious. I'm so thankful she loves to sleep because I still sleep when she does!
Her "Mama, don't go" face
Her "I'm so happy your not asleep, I'm gonna stay in your face" face
Her "I love you so much" Mama face!
Love my sweet baby and all her fun, very expressive faces! Today was a great day because it was a little extra time with Izzy. I hope she doesn't get too sad when I leave today. I look forward to the next few days off at home with her!
Since I had slept most of Sunday afternoon and evening after gettting off work, and Grandparents here last week to watch Izzy, she was very clingy with me today. After nursing her, I put her in her high chair for Robert to give her baby food (our usual routine). I walked away to start cleaning up or something and she immediately got upset and screaming. not her typical character. When I walked back towards her, she was a little happier, but she would NOT eat from Robert for anything. So we traded places, and I sat down to feed her. And wouldn't ya know -she immediatly became a happy little angel for me... It was sweet (for me at least) that she missed me so much and didn't want me to go. poor thing probably thought I was out the door for another 12 hrs or something!
I have also noticed that when we put her down for naps/bedtime, if she watches us leave, she hollers, but if she doesn't see us leave the room, not a peep. So we generally kiss her sweet cheeks, put her down (back to the wall) and run out of the nursery and close the door (well I run out anyways and hate it when I step on a noisy toy!). If she doesn't see us go, she'll play for awhile in her crib, then peacefully drifts off to sleep when she gets tired. It's glorious. I'm so thankful she loves to sleep because I still sleep when she does!
Her "Mama, don't go" face
Her "I'm so happy your not asleep, I'm gonna stay in your face" face
Her "I love you so much" Mama face!
Love my sweet baby and all her fun, very expressive faces! Today was a great day because it was a little extra time with Izzy. I hope she doesn't get too sad when I leave today. I look forward to the next few days off at home with her!

That is a tough dilemma. Glad she can fall asleep if she doesn't see you leave. Hope she can continue to adjust and not be sad/anxious when you leave.
ReplyDeleteshe still falls asleep, but screams for a minute. I just hate to hear her scream. really, for a baby, she does great either way! she likes her crib and likes to sleep so we're pretty lucky!
ReplyDelete